• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In grand need of a smash buddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
Well, simply put, i'm out of practice and there's nobody in my immediate area to practice with. Anybody with a decent background in melee would know that CPU training does not cut it at all, one reason being that it's hard to play mind games on an opponent with no mind...

The point: I need somebody, at this point, ANYBODY, with a remote amount of skill to come and practice w/ me. The more the better, after all, what's more fun than smashing with 4 or more? Problem #1: I only have two controllers (original GCN controllers, not those crappy madcatz stuff), so if you are considering it, bring a controller or two...it should be fine as we'll be playing it on my wii, but in any case we'll talk details later. Two, we don't have to be friends or whatever, it's just smash bros. That simple. Three, the big question, where does this desparate bozo live? I shoulda mentioned it earlier, for all those crazy enough to consider this, i am in the orlando, fl region...all those who are too far away probably want to stop reading now. whatever you think is too far is too far, but if you're willing to go, just message me or something. You probably want to bring someone you know with you, a few people who are good a ssb, and that way we'll meet somewhere every now and then to practice, WHATEVER.

Let's see, you're thinking "i don't know this kid, why should i chill with a guy i dunno?" well, i'm not gonna have a full fledged convo on a thread, so i guess the closest you'll get to knowing me without seeing me is the dreaded myspace (aka fagspace). try the URL...www.myspace.com/thetruefig

I'm not as weird as my page makes me look, just to tell you.

Oh, and something else important.
Iknow you're sick of reading, so check this out.
I'll give you the youtube adress for a few vids of me, that way you'll know how we stack up. if you're better than me, which wouldn't be a huge surprise, it doesn't matter, but don't say you can trash me without playing me. even though i haven't played a decent person in a while, too many smash fans just trash talk, almost as bad a halo players. if you're not as good, which is slightly unlikely, that's ok too, it's jus tpractice and i'll help however i can.

Anyway, here's the **** vids already. be warned though, some of them are a little old, and the sound is off by a few seconds considering that the camera was a video phone. oh, and it's all inverted =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3pRSIsGh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yHagGzdIEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcpyItbUTzY

there. make sure you read the little info on the page about the vids, that should explain a bit. I'll try to get a more recent vid on there, that is if it's worth it...
I dunno if anybody will respond or not label me a total loser, but hey, it was worth a shot.

I'm trying to make sure i'm not forgetting anything...hmmm...i don't think i did, so if you want any details, a message on myspace or smash boards is cool, or you could respond to the thread...whatever. who cares.

p.s. i knew i forgot something. if there any question as to which falco i was, it's the one with the yellow pants, and if it were uninverted it would be the completely blue falco. the other falco is my little brother, and he's usually way better than what he did in the vid...

pdk

Smash Lord
you're in orlando, just find some way to get your hands on a car and you'll be set

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I know exactly what you're talkin about cause I'm in the same situation as you, basically.

I got one friend to consistantly play smash with at school, and he's all but quit(ting).

___

Thing i find hard to believe about you is you live in orlando (so your avatar says)

. . . . How the mess can you NOT find people in a city that hosted MLG?

I just find that kinda. . . . farfetched.

But yeah, go to the region boards and poke around there, you're bound to find somebody in orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom