• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Desperate Need of Link MU Practice

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Are there any Link mains out there that can ditto me in Netplay? Whenever I face Links I get crushed -- which isn't often but when it does it's extra humiliating because I feel like it shouldn't happen. :\

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
I just had a conversion with another link on netplay about this.

I feel the same way. Having no link match up experience sucks. I don't know why but when people are beat by Link they always seem to want a ditto... When you don't have any match up experience in the ditto you don't do as well as you think you should and, either just barely win ,or like two stock them.

When someone calls my character, or competence with my character into question, I want to stomp them. Like 3 stock stomp, but Link get's ****ed by Link in so many ways and so easily someone who has never played link before or has minimal knowledge can get a stray hit and and **** you up, because of how easily link combos and gimps link.

Of course this only happens when the guy dittoing me can play smash. I'm obviously not talking about new players.

This match up is very odd. With all of the projectiles flying around and easy combos it becomes very important to stay safe. I would say it is very similar to a falco v falco in how hard link can trash link, except in close range, link is so unsafe against another link that it becomes very important to know what is and isn't safe for you to do.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. I've had a bit of practice in this ditto, but I still have trouble with it. If you didn't live in Australia I would be very happy to netplay you and get some more match up experience myself.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad it's not just me. There is a lot of jank in the dittos I've played. I'm trying to play my usual tech heavy Link and they're just like "lol I'll throw a bomb over your head but then grab you and combo you to death because woooo".

If there's anyone who can stomach playing an Australian 12:30pm - 1pm or 5:30pm - 6:30pm most weekdays (GMT +9:30) please let me know.

Also feel free to use this thread to organise Netplay sessions in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom