• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Bowser's Defense - an essay by gimpyfish

Gray

Smash Journeyman
I guess this "proves" Bowser isn't the worst character in the game, but he isn't far from it. Oh well.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Thank you Lord Knight. xP

Yeah, but the skilled bowser player can l-cancel all arials consistantly with ease and speed [in other words.. taking out the lag easy]

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
thats not really what i meant either, he is laggy after his arials, even when l canceled, very much lag compared to the other chars, though its not to ridiculously crippling.

i meant just what i said, he isn't that slow.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
If bowser is not slow, then who would you consider slow? I certainly don't see him being faster than many people attack speed wise.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Bowser is slow movement wise but he has some fast attacks. Kirby's slow, Zelda's slow, and a couple others i cant remember..

Bowser's fast attack wise though. Whirling Fortress is one of the fastest attacks in the GAME.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lord knight said:
Did you read this? Boozer's not slow, he's laggy.
Haruno Kotetsu said:
Yeah. I mean there's still lag but it makes bowser faster with cancels.

Bowser is slow movement wise but he has some fast attacks. Kirby's slow, Zelda's slow, and a couple others i cant remember..
Bowser's fast attack wise though. Whirling Fortress is one of the fastest attacks in the GAME.
um..no. he actually IS slow. having a COUPLE fast attacks doesn't mean "he attacks fast."
If that were so..every character in the game would be considered fast, because everyone has at least a couple fast moves. Granted UpB and F.air are very fast.........it cannot deny that his smashes, d.air, upair are incredibly slow. His tilts are also among the slowest tilts in the game.
Bowser is slower and laggier, than any other character in the game. fact.
why are there still people oblivious to this. :(

i'm not trying to bash bowser. I play himself, alot. But if "bowser isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be", then by-golly...he better do some fancy **** in a tourney.
At least this isn't as bad as those Ness players in their forum, who half of them think Ness is top tier.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think bowser is terrible, but still not as bad as people think...

but i suppose that wasn't necessarily directed at me, i wasn't the quoted one. o wellz.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I really enjoyed what you said about Bowser. It is completely true too. My friend uses bowser and owns none the less. Its all about timeing with him. Do have to disagree on about how heavy he is though. I seem to knock him off at only 115% on average but other than that I would have to say the rest is pretty accurate.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Ever noticed the word "boo" in boozer?

so BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol jk

crazyforkillua

Smash Journeyman
Great essay. From watching Boozer Cute, Gimpy knows what he's doing. He's right about how every one assumes Bowser is the strongest yet slowest character in the game (my newbie friends stilll think this ;) ) Gimpy provides an excellent source why Boozer is better tah alot of other characters

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bowser is slow, and isn't as powerful as he should be (he should be stronger than ganon...but he's not), but at least he's nto the slowest, link, zelda, and i consider mewtwo, pichu, and mr. g&w slower than him too

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
**** gimpy that was really amazing!!!!! It really made me want to use bowser more (not that i don't already), and wtf is with me not being listed on the boozer finder?????!!!!!!!!

The Hobo Prophet

Smash Rookie
I love you gimpy, this gives me hope. I was made fun as a child for my love of bowser...just kidding. But still, bowsers like business in front and party inside the shell. Thanks for the bowser love. Peace!

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
thanks for defending bowser,Gimpyfish,your awesome,Bowser has received alot of critisism in the past,you basically told everyone how good bowser is,Keep up the good work,It must feel good being one of the best bowsers,Mwahahahaha

SW_BoD

Smash Cadet
Nice. That helped me. I knew up B was geat, but I had NO idea it was THAT good!

TomH

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand what Gimpyfish means by saying that the fortress is the second "fastest" move.

If he means fastest start up time, then Rest = shine at 1 frame, meaning its actually the 3rd fastest, although i couldve sworn another move was 3 frames.

now if he is talking about start up + end lag, i guess it is faster than rest... i dunno.

I think bowser the character kicks ***, and i hope he gets some sort of a buff for the new SSB

Krabs

Smash Rookie
Not to be to far off topic but,

Whats this about CF and Gannon having mid air grab? Ive readup on Gannon strategy and watched some videos and ive never seen this or heard about it.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
their up b acts as a grab meaning if you shield it will still grab you. You probably didn't think of this as a grab since it's not a conventional grab.

you know it's spelled mewtwo right? and ganon only has one n. were you not awake when typing it. I sometime switch out words which sound alike like there and their even though i know the correct grammer.
Just letting you know so that you don't get honed on by other people.

Krabs

Smash Rookie
Ya I was messing around with what i wanted my signature to be, but i thought i erased it completely and apparently not.

thanks though

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Umm, refering to the last part of the essay about mewtwo,
Didnt you go 4loses 2wins against tajs mewtwo?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Umm, refering to the last part of the essay about mewtwo,
Didnt you go 4loses 2wins against tajs mewtwo?
yeah, taj is better than mewtwo xD

mewtwo is still the worst, its somewhat of a counter match against bowser

bowser cant edgeguard, no garbage kills, which makes it 10 times harder to get kills, and mewtwo combos bowser better than 75% of the other characters, mewtwo does die up fairly quickly though... i dunno, taj is to good, mewtwo is the worst. xD

technomancer

Smash Champion
Mew2 is the worst because the best Mew2 player lost twice to Gimpy's Bowser :D

Actually Mew2 is the worst because everyone with a fast SHFFL pwns him.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Gimpys post
Is gimpy the best Bowser player *refering to his sig and technomancers post*

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I read a reference to this page from Ice Climbers' FAQ (Or was it Game&watch? I dunno, either one) and it lead me to read this. Now bowser does sound like an awesome guy, your post was a pretty in-deph FAQ as well. I tried him a couple days ago, but I thought his moves were too laggy. Lol, my friend loves mewtwo, he would kill you if he read this. Anyways, now I want to try out bowser. He sounds so awesome now... I want to see his fairs and ftilts... If only Youtube would work on my computer, I could watch some combo videos

Top Bottom