• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In a the vids I see I rarely see use of fmash

brg

Smash Ace
is there a reason for this? easily punishable? With its range i wouldve thought it was great...

just started to play zss also...shes fun to control

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The range is bad, the attack is easy to punish, and it has terrible knockback. The only good thing is that hit occasionally hits people behind you.

Any more questions?

brg

Smash Ace
The range is bad, the attack is easy to punish, and it has terrible knockback. The only good thing is that hit occasionally hits people behind you.

Any more questions?
what about nair? its an attack I rarely see also

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
what about nair? its an attack I rarely see also
This one I can't explain. It has good start-up, almost no landing lag, no diminished returns, good range and decent power at high percent.

I think the main problem is that it's hard to lead into, and hard to follow up, plus, ZSS just has so many better options for any situation you'd use it in. I like it for breaking combos, though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This one I can't explain. It has good start-up, almost no landing lag, no diminished returns, good range and decent power at high percent.

I think the main problem is that it's hard to lead into, and hard to follow up, plus, ZSS just has so many better options for any situation you'd use it in. I like it for breaking combos, though.
Yeah, it's great for punishing approaches too, because nobody ever expects you to use it.

Kind of like the dair, it's good situationally.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The only good thing is that hit occasionally hits people behind you.
This is also a problem in that it only deals six damage, and at low percent, lets your opponent counter attack really easily. Strangely though, this hitbox does not suffer diminished returns as I recall.

Generally, the move is just crap. Such a waste of a movespot.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This is also a problem in that it only deals six damage, and at low percent, lets your opponent counter attack really easily. Strangely though, this hitbox does not suffer diminished returns as I recall.

Generally, the move is just crap. Such a waste of a movespot.
I don't disagree. The only time I use it is when I accidentally relapse into trying to dash attack with the A button and press that with the control stick.

Yeah, in other words, barely ever. Heh.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's why I dash attack by pressing the C-stick down now. It's not too bad if I accidentally Dsmash them, heh.

brg

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's why I dash attack by pressing the C-stick down now. It's not too bad if I accidentally Dsmash them, heh.
hm i dont seem to have this problem

but anyways, thanks

I think the nair is pretty good because zss is fast in the air

then again its all a matter of learning the moves and when to do them etc etc...

brg

Smash Ace
another question while im at it

is the dash attack/upsmash combo worthwhile with zss? I still dont get the timing...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is like the 3rd thread I think on Fsmash.

The truth is that it's one of the most deceptively useless moves in the game. I have whole list of beefs with this attack...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This is like the 3rd thread I think on Fsmash.

The truth is that it's one of the most deceptively useless moves in the game. I have whole list of beefs with this attack...
I prefer edible beef, because it is yummy.

But yes, this attack is so bad it merits multiple threads.

brg

Smash Ace
But yes, this attack is so bad it merits multiple threads.
haha

I wonder exactly why they made two EXTREMELY similar attacks on one char, only to have one pretty much all around better than the other....

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Sometimes I use it after a dsmash if people are at high percents...mostly because I haven't gotten the timing down on the dsmash to bair/fair all the time. Oh, and when wifi decides to buffer my dash attack into a fsmash. :\ If the damage on the thing wasn't so low, I would use it to keep my moves from becoming stale, but Sakurai decided to make the attack completely pitiful and worthless. *grumble grumble*

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I didn't want to submit this, but the button is so big and pretty. *_*

Top Bottom