• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving With DDD

GreeZ

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to DDD and Project M in general. How do I improve? Normally I just play with my brother and I've stopped playing CPUs cuz I don't find them to be challenging anymore. Everyone else I play with improves a lot faster than me, and I'm falling behind. Help?

Jobonoobdude

Smash Rookie
Just general tips on how to improve? That depends. What's your skill level? Do you have all your tech skills down? (Shffling and teching basically) If not, work on that. If you have all the down, then I think waddle dashing would be the best thing to work on specific to DDD. If you have both of those down to a science, then just more playing will give you more experience, and that's mainly what improves you. Learning matchups and playing other characters to expand your knowledge doesn't hurt either!

Also, even if your getting your butt whooped, play play play. And not just against your brother, because then you'll get in a rut and only play towards his playstyle. Play all your friends who will, go to your local tournaments, all that good jazz.

Whew! Yeah, I think that's it :happysheep:

Wade Benedict

Smash Rookie
I'd say you should work on Waddle Dashing as soon as possible. It is far too easy to do. I've never learned Shffling nor teching with but once I started incorporating Waddle Dashing into my gameplay, it made my fights more fun and made me better as a King Dedede player.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
How to Improve by yo self.
Step 1: Basics
Step 2: Movement/Tech Skill Consistency
Step 3: Matchups
Step 4: Mindgames

While doing those steps, make sure to play people to get better since thats what its mainly about. Learn how to read and adapt to your opponents, and before you know it you'll be a pro.

Top Bottom