• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving Marth's Defense/Spacing/Defense in general.

ViolentSkies

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9130-9818
I've got a good handle on Marth's offense and tech skills, but I SUCK trying to go the defensive route. I suck at using my shield and I find myself playing far too aggressively in many situations and I often end up getting punished for rushing in. Any tips?

Espi

Smash Journeyman
When you find yourself in shield, a good option is usually wavedash OOS. It gets you out of pressure and resets the game to neutral allowing you to approach again. When someone else is approaching D-tilt, Fair, Up tilt (if approaching from above), can stop approaches. Try to set up aerial walls like ShortHop double fair.

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
Wavedash OOS to dtilt helps restore it back to neutral.

Past that its just regular marth neutral game, spacing your attacks. You have a sword, you're not going to clash. If you use your fair well, it'll beat out their attacks, forcing them to maneuver through platforms. Up tilt is good for platform coverage, and im pretty sure fsmash passes through platforms at its apex.

djmath

Smash Apprentice
you can't overcommit with marth. any big reaches or lunges that don't connect WILL be punished HARD

dtilt is very safe, WD oos resets neutral
just be patient, maybe even shield grab ya know?

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Good dashdancing is a must, watch PP's Marth and see what he does.

Top Bottom