• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improve My Lucas

spyk90

Smash Cadet
I couldn't watch the second video for some reason. But from the first video, it just seemed like Ike and Wolf were the only ones fighting each other. You just came in everyone once in a while to pull off some attacks. I'd say you need to approach them aggressively. Short jumping into an aerial attack is a good way or a PK fire, in my opinion.

Starstorm

Smash Rookie
I couldn't watch the second video for some reason. But from the first video, it just seemed like Ike and Wolf were the only ones fighting each other. You just came in everyone once in a while to pull off some attacks. I'd say you need to approach them aggressively. Short jumping into an aerial attack is a good way or a PK fire, in my opinion.
ive found it wise to keep away from Ike...

9 times out of 10 he has priority over lucas.

and Wolf, much faster.

i say its pretty wise to stay back and capitalize. 1 v. 1 is a different story.

how can i be more agressive?

spyk90

Smash Cadet
ive found it wise to keep away from Ike...

9 times out of 10 he has priority over lucas.

and Wolf, much faster.

i say its pretty wise to stay back and capitalize. 1 v. 1 is a different story.

how can i be more agressive?
I find Ike to be fun and fairly easy when playing as Lucas. Just keep him back by using PK Fire and side step or air dodge his heavy attacks.

Starstorm

Smash Rookie
I find Ike to be fun and fairly easy when playing as Lucas. Just keep him back by using PK Fire and side step or air dodge his heavy attacks.

most of his big attacks have no lag at the end of them, (which is bogus).

so when i aerial dodge, i come down to attack and get smashed, maybe im late on input. dunno

i guess i should just punish with his quick kick string, but i always wanna go big when i play lucas.

i guess i just gotta peck their damage meeter up.

Starstorm

Smash Rookie
A tip with Lucas to do is once you start comboing don't STOP unless you can't help it, but if you can go for it.
i really dont know any good set combos, can you describe any?

most of the time if you light jump and do his Nair, he can lead combos from that, usually his 3 kick string or his up-tilt. but thats the only thing i know of

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
yes, his nair has very little landing lag, and often you can utilt right from landing a nair. also, when you grab onto the ledge, i found it very useful with lucas to tap down and fall a little, then jump back up onto the stage with a f-air, as many edgeguarders will be caught off guard. hope some of this helped

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
You and I play almost the same. You need to get better at using pk thunder for recovery. You need to be more aggressive. You need to stop using your up smash so much. Try using grabs, the ground one isn't good, but the air one has potential.

Like I said, I can say the same thing for myself. Though were both good as using pk thunder to damage other players with.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Your play style is waaaay too passive, and I'm not seeing much shorthopping. Shorthop nairs and fairs are part of Lucas' bread and butter. Work on that spacing too, with pk and such.

Starstorm

Smash Rookie
thank you all for advice, ill film some more matches today.

ill be playing the best link player in the south today (he's comming up from memphis), so we will see what happens.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
I am by no means a good Lucas player, but against Lv. 9 computers I find spamming psi magnet to be a good approach. You have quite a few options with it; continue with the forward momentum using >B, use B-sticking to send him straight to the ground, or give him a "wavebounce" backwards for a more defensive option. Best of all, psi magnet is a projectile shield, so your approach won't get nixed by other projectile spammers.

Hoping to be of some use, -Oath

Jubeh

Smash Rookie
i really dont know any good set combos, can you describe any?

most of the time if you light jump and do his Nair, he can lead combos from that, usually his 3 kick string or his up-tilt. but thats the only thing i know of
He can also combo his down tilt into most things, I believe. I use down tilt > fsmash a lot. I've seen players power shield it, but it tends to work most of the time. There aren't a whole lot of true combos in brawl.

Top Bottom