• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Impromptu Tournament 2

Impromptu Tournament 2
Posted by SoulPech
2084 North High Street, Columbus, OH
Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SoulPech

Smash Master

New Year, Old series ressurection This tournament series happens when the original TO for a different event wet noodles and/or changes the date of their event and I decide to take over the venue! My name is SoulPech (Colten) and I'll be your TO for this series!

WHEN:
Jan. 30, 2016

WHERE:
Donatos
2084 North High Street, Columbus, OH

Note: The location is right across from Ohio State University, next to United Dairy Farmers and Panda Express

FOOD:
Donatos is a pizza chain in Ohio which also serves subs, breadsticks, and calzones.

www.donatos.com

NOTE: FOR DRINKS, A FOUNTAIN DRINK (20oz) IS 1.70 WITH FREE REFILLS...WHAT A DEAL!

WHILE THERE IS NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED AT THE VENUE:
There is also many good restaurants in the area, but please do not leave if you are still in bracket unless I say it's ok.

PARKING INFO:

Blue Star is the venue.
Yellow Line is meters. These are free after 10 PM.
Green Line is street parking. The parking on Summit Street is probably the most likely to have spots, but it's also the farthest (7-10 minute walk). I would suggest dropping off all of your equipment prior to parking in this area for simplicity.
Orange Circles are parking garages. They ar 10 bucks for more than 5 hours, and the rates reset at midnight (aka be out by midnight.)

This next map is zoomed in on the venue.

Blue Star is the venue.
Dark Green Line is the drop off zone. Please be quick since this is also where the Donatos drivers park.

PRICE:
Venue: $5 but is waived if player brings a Full Setup (TV + Game + Console

MAIN EVENTS ( Up to 3 events):

Melee Singles - $5
Project M Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 per person
Project M Doubles - $5 per person

OTHER EVENTS:
Side Event - $2 IF there is time
Mystery Event - $1 IF there is time

SCHEDULE: (Note that this is the tentative schedule!)

11:00am - Doors Open
11:30pm - Registration for All Smash Events Begins
12:30pm - Melee Doubles
1:30pm - Project M Singles Begins
3:30pm - Melee Singles Pools Begin
5:30pm - Project M Doubles Begins
6:00pm - Melee Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm - Secret Event Begins
10:00pm - Mystery Event Begins
11:00pm - Closing up shop

PAYOUTS:
Melee and Project M:

Singles < 32:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 32:
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

Doubles
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 15%

Secret Event and Mystery Event
1) 80%
2) 20%

RULESETS:
Project M

4 Stock, 8:00 Minute Timer
All Items Set to OFF, Item Frequency set to NONE
Pause set to HOLD
Warioman and Gigabowser are banned.
3.6 Final Version ONLY
Input Assist set to OFF
Ties after time limit is reached are determined by stocks, then percentage
You cannot counter-pick any stage you have won on unless it's agreed upon by the opponent (DSR)
The TO Staff reserves the right to change rule sets prior to the event.

Stage Striking
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Starter
Battlefield
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Bowser's Alt.

Counterpick
Final Destination
Warioware
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Doubles Rules
Friendly Fire enabled
Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Bowser's Castle (Alt.)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino's Secret

Counterpicks:
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Final Destination
Dreamland

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character Stage List:

Melee
General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned

Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List
    Neutral Stages
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi’s Story
    • Dream Land
    • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
    • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
    • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Match Procedure
    • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • The players play the first match of the set
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
    • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

To Pre-register, click here. It's important to pre-register for seeding purposes. I'll still have open door registration.

NOTE: SETUPS ARE IMPORTANT FOR EVERY TOURNAMENT! IT'S BETTER TO HAVE TOO MANY SETUPS RATHER THAN NOT HAVING ENOUGH! MORE TOURNAMENTS = MORE FRIENDLIES = MORE MMs = SUCCESSFUL TOURNEY! THERE SO MUCH I CAN DO SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED :3

ARCHIVE CHANGES:

1/9 Created Thread, Created facebook event

Mom52

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by stalling with rising pound? And is wobbling legal or is it banned in this tournament?

SoulPech

Smash Master
What do you mean by stalling with rising pound? And is wobbling legal or is it banned in this tournament?

This was the ruleset that I copied from Smashboard's Offical Ruleset that everyone uses. I assume back in the day, Puff's Pound was used as a stalling tactic on ridiculous stages like mute city, rainbow cruise, etc...but it isn't a problem anymore.

Wobbling is legal at this tournament and the percentage as to what the IC player can wobble to is tourney norm. Once I get clarification on that, I'll revise this.

Last edited:

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
How many people do you think will show up to play in the tournaments?

:icsmelee::GCZ::GCA::GCD::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCCD:

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Sweet! As of right now I think I'm coming up with at least 2, possibly 3 other guys from cincy

DeadBeef

Smash Rookie
I have a smash crew of 4 but only two of us main ssb melee, and the other two main ssb4, is there a reason why you would not add sm4sh?

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
I am pretty excited for this tournament! But its a shame that this is the closest tournament to Cincinnati.. youd think thered at least be enough smashers in cincy to have biweeklys

DeadBeef

Smash Rookie
I am pretty excited for this tournament! But its a shame that this is the closest tournament to Cincinnati.. youd think thered at least be enough smashers in cincy to have biweeklys
I am also hyped for this tourney, I am bring two plus me. this is the closest smash tourney to me and it is still 3 hour lol.

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Oh wow! Where are you coming from?? And yeah i should have 2-4 people coming w me as well!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Sorry for the lack of response on smashboards.

1. I'm not hosing Sm4sh because I do not want to and there are other TOs that run Sm4sh only events.

2. Pre-registration ends @ 12:00am Saturday (AKA Midnight), but you can still register @ the door.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I

I was hoping I wouldn't have to arrive at 11 and have to wait 7 hours for melee singles.

Alot of us use facebook, so I've been keeping that more up to date than this. I plan to get final check in for Melee 30 minutes before the pools event.

Though it is preferred if you show up as early as possible, since the schedule is tentative.

Last edited:

Christian Vazquez

Smash Rookie
I pre registered for this tourney but I don't think I'll be able to make it. Is it too late to ask to be removed from the pre registered list?

Top Bottom