• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Imported White Gamecube Controllers

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
Are these new japanese controllers worth the extra money?
Should I just buy a used american controller?
Where would be a good place to buy the japanese controller? Play Asia? Amazon? I want to make sure I get an official one.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
The new ones are SO GOOD! They have a much longer cord and are overall just great controllers. The used ones are a bit of a gamble (I picked up an awesome purple one for like 15, but a pretty messed up silver one for about the same too). Best place is through the smashboards amazon store, support the community, and get a nice new, relatively cheap controller

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
They're really good. I've never noticed how bad my original was at inputting backflips, upsmashing Oos, etc. The only downside I've noticed is the difficulty involved in needle canceling since you have to hit the Z button harder for some reason to cancel (which I use to both needle cancel and L cancel).

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that the control stick is pretty tight. How would it work for jump canceling shines? and what about the c-stick? I've also heard the shoulder buttons are a little loose.

Jawz

Smash Cadet
I Recently Purchased a 3rd party Controller because of the price , and I highly recommend that no one does the same!!! they are made of cheap plastic and the Z button is UBER loud , and the C stick is just super ass. NINTENDO CONTROLLERS ONLY

Watofu

Smash Rookie
They're pretty good but the shoulder buttons can be sticky, the face buttons are really stiff at first, and the long cord is a pain at tournaments

tbh i like the originals

Jawz

Smash Cadet
They're pretty good but the shoulder buttons can be sticky, the face buttons are really stiff at first, and the long cord is a pain at tournaments

tbh i like the originals
My 3rd party just came in the mail today and the problems began as soon as I plugged it in! Please no one buy one. do not waste your money

Top Bottom