• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important - All Ganondorf Brawlers Must Read! (re: Recovery)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
*NOTICE*

WARNING: Do not attempt to use Ganondorf's Down Special <Wizard's Foot> to recover from off-stage. YOU WILL DIE.

This has been demonstrated in multiple videos thus far, the most recent being demonstrated by Gimpyfish in this match at around 2:00 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shfk871riNM&NR=1

Definitely watch this video, and the second and third parts, links to which can be found in the stickied video thread.

The Alternative​

The Gerudo Dragon, Ganondorf's Side Special, has been changed (for the better) from Melee. In the same video I mention above, Gimpy manages to use the move very efficiently for horizontal recovery, and he ends up being close enough to the stage for the move to carry him all the way back onto land.

What we need is evidence of what the move does if you are off the stage and NOT close enough for the Dragon to bring you all the way back onto land. Basically, we need to know if Ganon can jump or do his Up Special after performing a mid-air Gerudo Dragon. If this is the case, Ganondorf's horizontal recovery should, in theory, be amazing. If anyone comes across a video of this, or has a chance to test this out in-game, please post it here so that we have conclusive evidence as to whether or not this will work. This will be hugely important to how Ganondorf is played.

-DS13-

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I noticed this, maybe its because gimpy activated near the bottom, I wish a ganon player could activate it from the top, I doubt it sends u down, and u cant recover, but well who knows...

Ninja Plague

Smash Rookie
forwardB makes him go into freefall (you can't jump/upB after). however, you can kamikaze kill with forwardB if they're off the stage. meh. i find his recovery adequate for most stages.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Seen some vids of falcon were he used side b and connects, then can get and extra jump or up b. If ganon dosnt have that stinks but well just have to think of something else.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=86qgmn6pP4s
1:35, 7:11
Ganondorf can't do that. His Over B acts as a grab-type thing now. Whenever he hits someone with it, he grabs the person, then shoots downwards with the person.

Catmunnies

Smash Apprentice
Well, let's say you get knocked back really far, and you don't have a second jump. You can recover with up b, but that would leave you open to attack. Ganon's down b is still useful, recovery wise, if you can use it to get closer to the stage and then sweetspot the edge with up b.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
I was replying to your first post, where you said you would die if you used his down b to recover. Even though he died anyway, it wasn't because he used his down b.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf can't do that. His Over B acts as a grab-type thing now. Whenever he hits someone with it, he grabs the person, then shoots downwards with the person.

Nah, he throws them down, he keeps going I think. Haven't seen him use it on someone in midair.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Already figured it out when I first watched Ganondorf, but it's good to tell anyone who dosen't know yet. First time I found out I was depressed and had to face the reality of no down-b for recovery.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
He does actually keep going if there's no ground beneath him. If you catch them in the open, it's a kamikaze attack.
Of course, if you MISS them in the open, it's just a very sad suicide, so I wouldn't really recommend trying it as an edgeguard.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Down b doesnt give you your jump back but cant you still use up b out of it. So couldnt it still be used to gain horizontal distance.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
From Shin's guide, the beginning of the move still spikes, durning the first few frames. You don't get your second jump back, but I've read that you can use your second jump after a down b if you haven't already used it.

Top Bottom