• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impatience is a virtue and my thoughts on the roster.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I wasn’t sure where to post this topic and i'm not fully sure it’s within the forum rules but here we go.

The PAL release date of June 1st that’s going around has basically turned me over the edge with anticipation to play this game so i’m wondering if anyone knows of any methods to play the NTSC American version on my Wii, via a gameshark like devise. I’m am totally oblivious to doing this and help would be much appreciated.

Nintendo of Europe: You Suck.

================================================== =====

Now to make this relevant I would like to address to the people disappointed with the roster. About a year and a half ago (maybe more), like Smash, I posted on forums and speculated on the roster of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Like Smash the possibilities of the playable roster where inspiring and everyone had their expected characters and waited for them to be announced. Like the fans here, we waited for the inevitable reveal of the Hulk and Punisher. Alas it never came and we where stuck with Nick Fury (who had been already shown as NPC - like ROB and Colossus - who brought nothing new to the roster and had been playable in the previous X-Men Legends game. To top it all off most of the characters where basic clones of each other attacks. But in the end when the game was released it didn’t matter because it was so fun to finally smash Bullseye's face in with Blade and Thor at the same time. My point you ask is that - You'll get over it. And clones, in the end won’t matter, because smashing in Pikachu's face with Wolf or Link will be too fun.

And for those angry at ROB (aka - the being that saved Nintendo in the west and arguably the entire video game industry), watch this much circulated and old video of the man himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHaOs4FBpwE

I personally am sad of the lack of K Rool and Ridley but I accept that Donkey Kong is losing its relevance and that maybe the Japanese don’t want too much Metroid representation (that poll was only a small sample of fan opinions after all).

================================================== =====

But back to the way of getting NTSC game to play on my PAL Wii. Any help?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
1. Probably need a modchip to play Brawl on the PAL Wii.
2. I thought the longer wait for Europe was a combination of two things: production time (which Japan clearly didn't have enough of) and more required translations.
3. There is an official roster discussion thread for things like that now.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Please please please tell me how R.O.B. saved nintendo in the west. Because if you look at sales, they sold enough off of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games to keep themselves above water. And that's before you consider Final Fantasy, yada.

As far as playing an NTSC version of the game on your PAL wii, start looking at what modchips can do. They can allow you to play any region disc, and there are no gameshark-like products out for these systems.

LordLocke

Smash Journeyman
Please please please tell me how R.O.B. saved nintendo in the west. Because if you look at sales, they sold enough off of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games to keep themselves above water. And that's before you consider Final Fantasy, yada.

As far as playing an NTSC version of the game on your PAL wii, start looking at what modchips can do. They can allow you to play any region disc, and there are no gameshark-like products out for these systems.
Without the R.O.B., Sears and numerous Toy Stores would have never stocked the device, especially after being burned by the gaming crash of '83. Nintendo snuck the NES in stores behind the R.O.B., marketing it as an electronic toy instead of a video game. It's the same reason Mario Bros. was packaged with Duck Hunt and the NES included a Zapper- go add another accessory to make it seem less like another Atari and more like a toy that you happen to need to plug into your TV.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Without the R.O.B., Sears and numerous Toy Stores would have never stocked the device, especially after being burned by the gaming crash of '83. Nintendo snuck the NES in stores behind the R.O.B., marketing it as an electronic toy instead of a video game. It's the same reason Mario Bros. was packaged with Duck Hunt and the NES included a Zapper- go add another accessory to make it seem less like another Atari and more like a toy that you happen to need to plug into your TV.
What he said. And could you people be a bit more specific with comments like 'modchip'. I am very uneducated on much matters. Does anyone have any links to such modchips. I saw something on Ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Video-System-Co...ryZ73390QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this work, you think?

Top Bottom