• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Presents: Real Pimps use Gimps, February 28th- NJ

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

Intro

For those un-aware our Lan centre, (the digital Nexus) has burned down and that is where our normal tournaments were held and we had a "bad" ruleset due to the owner's lack of knowledge about the game, but having no place to practice Numb found a new Gaming center that is happy to host our tournaments OUR way. :)

The last tournament went great and everyone had fun, i was very happy about the turnout, but lets try to make it even more smashers this time! (and i promise to have a results page next time, sorry the results never saved.. -.-)

Information
Tournament date- February ?th
Toms River Nj, 08753

Store Name: The Gamers Arena
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20
Venue fee: 5$
NO money will be taken out of the pot.

Rules
matches are best 2/3
3 stock
7 minute
Double Elimination Bracket and seeding
Life Stealing is allowed in teams
No items (NO smashballs)
Advanced Slob Picks
unessecary stalling is NOT allowed and will result in a warning, if it doesnt stop it will be a DQ for that match. ( this includes running out the clock)
no stalling under the stages.
NO standing infinates!

Times

Registration- 11:00am-12:00pm
warm ups- 11:00am- 12:00pm
announcements- 12:00pm-12:05pm
Tournament Start- 12:15
Stages
Neutral

Final Destination
BattleField
Lylat Cruise
Yoshis Island (brawl)
Smashville

Counter Picks

Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Castle Seige
Pokemon stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are BANNED

Pay Outs
1st- 60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

payouts will change if brackets exceed 50 players.

the payout will then change to- 50/25/15/5/2.5

Same Payouts for Teams.

Additional Info

We WILL need Wiis for this event, bringing them would be most greatful we have 7 tvs.

Additional tv's would be appreciated!

People bringing wii's
Tbagz
Budo
Ax
Neogen

message Me on AIM for any questions or concerns

Aim: Tntx726

i will not be giving out my phone number due to "prank calls" from other younger brawl players in the past. if you really need my phone number Contact me via Smashboards or AIM.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
ah i forgot about that, there arent any good dates coming up that im availible, guess ill change the date, again -.- it was supposed to be jan 24th but dooms holding his super sexy shota smashfest =D

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
loool yea change it to the following sat/ sunday, my schools playing urs in like field hockey or something rofl so ima go

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
7th = CoT4
14th = CH5
21st = my first biweekly

28th is the way to go I guess.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
or on a sunday the weekend of ch5 or dooms. then again if u held it on thr 14th you wouldnt get messed up that bad with attendance. these arent THAT big and ch5 is in maryland

nandryshak

Smash Rookie
I'll be there again, not that I'll get past the first round or anything. Also my friend Dave, who doesn't post at all, but will come.

nandryshak

Smash Rookie
you think on the 14th i could still get like 20+ people here like i did the last one?
I wouldn't be able to make the 14th actually, not that it'll be much of a loss for you guys. On a side note, going to a video game tournament on Valentine's Day wouldn't look too good on a social level, and I don't know how many of us have significant others.

Unless you're talking Jan 14th, in which case disregard everything I just said.

Dinkmister

Smash Rookie
I'll be there again, not that I'll get past the first round or anything. Also my friend Dave, who doesn't post at all, but will come.
Hey I post sometimes... I mean 4 posts since 05, that's like an ENTIRE POST a year. But anyway yeah I will be there.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
this title would have been sexier for a melee tournament...
jus sayin

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
this tournament will most likely be cancled the only customers the gamers arena has had in the last 2 months was the smashers from my tournament, there closing down. im buying a one of there chairs!!

all of there stuff is going to be sold mad cheap

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Wow, seriously? I thought they just opened a few months ago...? That sucks. Though the people running it looked really bored most of the time when we were there. >_> Are you going to look for an alternative location?

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
...I should buy that gamestore. And make it... A game store.
... please do

theres more to life than smash....
Women and parties :laugh:

il buy one of their TVs. how much??
ill find out

lol it's cuz south jersey is too far from the rest of the world :laugh:
its true.... :(

Wow, seriously? I thought they just opened a few months ago...? That sucks. Though the people running it looked really bored most of the time when we were there. >_> Are you going to look for an alternative location?
yup.. tho its going to be incredibly hard to find...:(

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Gamers Arena was already in a bit of an inconvenient location. It's a busy intersection, but probably not the most ideal for a game store. Pain in the arse when you had to drive down two or three blocks past the store, turn around in one of the side streets and then drive back to turn into the plaza. I think I recall someone at the tourney saying they couldn't even walk across the street to the venue and had to take a longer way. *shrug* Thank you, Hooper Ave. xP

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
watch crap for free over the internet, i don't really like the x-paperweight :laugh:
Cable is still favorable for being able to flip through tons of instantly available programming without putting strain on your internet or computer, or making u think of what u wanna watch, find it, and spend time downloading it lol. comps are good for tv programming but they both compliment each other well.

If a paperweight can play guitar hero world tour, banjo kazooie, play all types of media over an hdmi connection, play halo, download demos and movies, then so be it lol. The Wii is getting booring except for smash

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Not to mention Inui just scheduled a tourney on this day. You said something a while back about the venue being closed down too. ^^; Sorry to say, but it kinda seemed like a given...

EDIT: Ah, Yes! beat me to it.

Top Bottom