• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMO: Ike is a Pick N' Play Character.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
No if's, and's, or but's about it. Ike is one of the easiest characters to own with early on. The first time I played Brawl, I was able to rack of 9 KOs with only 2 Deaths, all this by simply spamming F-Smash the whole entire game. Now I'm not saying it doesn't even out later in gameplay, but is extremely master in my humble opinion.

Think and Discuss

payasofobia

Smash Champion
if you are playing against the computer, play against level 9
if you are playing against friends, then they are newbs,
spamming forward smash is useless against seasoned players because of its slownes.

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
Epic Fail. Mastering c-stick spamming?

Try things like, spacing approaches, mindgames with a slower character, mixing up the limited approach tactics and overcoming projectile spammers. Just because he kills easy wit ha simple flick of the thumb doesn't mean he is easy to master.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Gotta be computers, online that never works because t's so readable. Ike's speed generally means he has to rely A LOT on his regular attacks, not smashes.

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
My opinion:
At the absolute lowest level (as in, just started playing smash, play against people that also just started playing), yeah, Ike is easy to be decent with
At a medium level (as in defeating level 9s), he is decently hard to use, but CPUs have patterns, and they can be gimped.
At the highest level (competetive play), he's **** hard to play but is good if played right. A lot of mindgames that must be used at competitve level because the metagame is barely developed.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
You don't really own at anything if you're spamming his fsmash, but alright. I kind of agree that he's one of the easier characters to pick up and play because of his high KO ability, but there's tons of depth in his gameplay.

side note: you have to be pretty bad at brawl to constantly get hit by his fsmash and never see it coming

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
If you play against anyone with any kind of talent, they can exploit his slow speed. THIS is where Ike becomes difficult to use. Fsmash IMO isn't even a good kill move. I prefer his aerials. Much quicker and less lag

Top Bottom