• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Immunity to Traps (debunked)

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
I have seen where when Sonic spindashes, he is immune to traps that are on the ground, namely, Diddy's bananas, Snake's mines, and I don't remember if he is able to spin over pitfall items or not.. haven't played much with items, you see. Has anyone else noticed this? It could be actually important, if you match up with the right characters.

His dash attack works like Diddy's for picking up banana peels from what I've seen. He seems immune to them while Dash Attacking, making it fairly easy to pick up a peel.
Though since I don't have the game, I can't be sure.

Sonic = Anti-Diddy?

Or for that matter, Diddy + Sonic = Team Mind Games from Hell?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
sonic IS actually goodvs. diddy... but not because of that.

normally, when something hits diddy's recovery, diddy flinches and can use UPB again as soon as he recovers from the flinch....
HOWEVER, when a spring hits diddy's recovery, it knocks loose didd't rocket barels but diddy doesn't flinch... and diddy can't use UpB again until his first rocket barel is gone. and by then, it's probably to late for him.
that having been said, did't ground and air games dominate sonic, so you have to rely pretty exclusively on the gimp... but at least it's a reliable gimp if the diddy has to recover from low.

and sonic is not immune to snake's mines. ever. sadly snake is one of sonic's worst enemies... if not THE worst.

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
This has NOTHING to do with spring spiking... or whatever you want to call it.

Too bad about the mines, though. I haven't played a decent Snake so I wouldn't call him the WORST enemy of Sonic. He's slow and campariffic.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This has NOTHING to do with spring spiking... or whatever you want to call it.

Too bad about the mines, though. I haven't played a decent Snake so I wouldn't call him the WORST enemy of Sonic. He's slow and campariffic.
you are right, but it was pertinant... becuase I couldn't say "you are wrong, sonic sucks vs. diddy" because that's not true.

but snake is a terrible matchup vs. sonic. if you don'tt hink so, cnahces are you aren't playing a good snake. snake CAN camp well... but snake has so much more potential use as well.
he may be slow, but he's strong, he has some fast atacks he's heavy, he's got great recovery... his range and priority outdo the sonic... just not pretty.

but anyway... yeah... no imunity to any on-ground traps.... so yeah... I guess that would make thsi thread now pointless.

Emerald Chaos

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen it looks like the way fight a Snake would be to stay close-ish, but stay out of the range of his faster moves i.e. his A-A-A combo.

That way you can charge in when he tries to do a slower move like his F-Smash, F-Smash him is he tries to use his A-A-A combo and guard if he tries hitting you with one of his tilts. His mines should also be less effective because he'd run the risk of hitting himself.

But meh, I haven't played the game, so I wouldn't know....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If you're fighting a Snake that Fsmashes when it's not guaranteed, you're fighting an idiot.

STHD, have you fought a Yoshi yet? It's a really hard match-up for me, like... harder than Lucas. The wall of boot and zero lag aerials really hurt, and the side-b is actually usable now. I think I might just need to play campier with the ftilt or something, but I'm not liking this match-up in the least.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If you're fighting a Snake that Fsmashes when it's not guaranteed, you're fighting an idiot.

STHD, have you fought a Yoshi yet? It's a really hard match-up for me, like... harder than Lucas. The wall of boot and zero lag aerials really hurt, and the side-b is actually usable now. I think I might just need to play campier with the ftilt or something, but I'm not liking this match-up in the least.
of corse I haven't played a good yoshi... who plays yoshi? looks bad though... I'll do it sometime.

Top Bottom