• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Images of plenty of moves! (Nevermind)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
6-27-07: Okay, I've found some initiative. I'm going to order a GameBridge. With this device, I can capture images without having to capture video. Until I get it, I'll make use of my massive GCN memory card and take pictures of every move. Then I'll capture them once I get the GameBridge, and, finally, I'll put every single image in a zip file. I repeat: EVERY IMAGE WILL BE IN ONE (massive [I'm guessing 100 megs, give or take]) ZIP FILE. In the time being, feel free to use the images that I've already captured. (Below)

IGNORE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
I have decided to use a combination of Melee's camera mode and my video capture device to get an image of every single move in Melee (excluding grabs and some rapid punches/kicks).

ALL IMAGES WILL BE HOSTED HERE

The link again: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k318/DoggaMeleeImages/

In that Photobucket account, there is a sub-album for every character.

PROCESS (CHANGED!)
  • I put controllers in sockets 1,2 and 4.
  • I go to Special Melee > Camera Mode
  • I choose the character whose moves I want images of (I also pick a random character because you can't play with one character.
  • I get snapshots of every move (I use my Nintendo Power guide as reference). I actually pause to get the snapshot because the "pause border" doesn't show up in the snapshot.
  • I use my video capture device and Windows Movie Maker to capture the video of every snapshot.
  • I go through the video and screen grab each snapshot.
  • I mass process all of the images for web in Photoshop Elements 3.0.
  • I create a webpage with all of the images in them using Elements 3.0.
  • Repeat until every image is captured.
  • Host every page with a home page.
Easy enough, right?

If you do have a request, use NGCXX's image request thread.
I hope this will help everybody with their Smash image needs.

Okay, well, I've kinda given up on this. I'll probably do it for Brawl, though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Aww... original costumes only? That sux. But good idea anyways. Imagine all of the cool new banners to be made!

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Too bad it's only default costumes. Perhaps you could make exceptions for the ones that do more than color swaps? (Peach as Daisy, Falcon as some other F0 racer, etc)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
What are you gonna do with moves with 2 or more parts? Like the Dancing blade, PK Thunder, and other moves like that?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
I'm back now that e-mail verification is fixed! I finished Falcon, Falco, Kirby, Kirby hats, Marth, and Link. Check it out!

I've decided that I am going to do alternate costumes, but only for the taunt, standing, and one move. I'm going to move the images to my webspace once they are done.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Very nice work. But you might wanna go in and add a caption to each pic, saying what move it is. It's not all that useful right now.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Very nice work. But you might wanna go in and add a caption to each pic, saying what move it is. It's not all that useful right now.
Once, I move it to my webspace (probably once I'm done) it'll show the file name under it (I generate the gallery with Photoshop).

All you people asking for specifics, ask NGCXX in the image request thread (it's stickied).

NGCXX, thanks for the offer, but I'll just get them myself, but feel free to post the link (if there is one) so people have more than one option.

When I get around to the alternate costumes, would you guys rather that I put the images on the page with the character, or have all of the images with every character in every alt. costume on one page (I myself prefer the first.)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
When I get around to the alternate costumes, would you guys rather that I put the images on the page with the character, or have all of the images with every character in every alt. costume on one page (I myself prefer the first.)
Whatever works best for you man. If you like the first go for it.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry I haven't updated in a while (I still haven't), but I have a good reason. I've decided to just wait until I finish everything. Once I have everything, I'll make pages and put in on my webspace. I'm going to try and borrow my friend's copy of Smash 64 so I can do the same thing with it.
------
You may be wondering, "What is this 'everything'?" Well, it goes like this:
  • Every move (excluding throws and certain rapid attacks) in default costume
  • Standing and taunting in default costume
  • Standing, taunting, and two attacks in all alternate costumes
  • The three trophies for each character
  • Each character's symbol (tentative, it all depends on Wario Bros. really)
  • Miscellaneous images from the intro movie (they will be filed under 'Intro Movie', not specific characters.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
LOL, I already did this for the top row of ssbm characters (dr, mario, luigi, bowser... c. falcon)
but I used a "better" approach. I have all the characters on a black background and all the characters on a white background. I even wrote a java program to get a picture with no background in Adobe Photoshop CS2. They are also as big as possible with highest resolution. Because I used GCNrd I got almost all angles of the move too.
I plan to make a video using these photos but if someone else has a use for them... PM me and I'll send you the characters you want.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Top Bottom