• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm not sure that i agree with keeping pikmin ordered at all times

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
as long as YOU know what the order is, it makes your Olimar more unpredictable to keep the order random. if your pikmin are always ordered, your opponent can second guess what you are trying to do. of course, there are times where order is needed, like puprle pikmin for recovery purposes, but for the most part i like to keep it random.

pesticide

Smash Lord
it's not TERRIBLY important IMO to keep your pikmin in order. i whistle cancel a lot of attacks though and automatically order mine.

besides, your opponent isnt gonna be able to keep up with what order your pikmin are in 90% of the time.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Against a lot of opponents, it'll be hard to keep yourself at max pikmin anyway. So what you could do is use the whistle for armor when you want, and then pull a new one afterwards. Having a different color in the order does your trick for being less predictable at times, and you can still use your whistle. Plus not many people keep track of your order anyway. They will know what order they'll be in after the whistle but you can keep them too busy for that to be their main concern when watching you.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
i dont keep mine in order, but like to be aware of the order their in.
If you do keep them in order you dont have to use them predictably, if they start predicting your moves just mix some up.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I doubt any of my opponents has ever looked at my Pikmin order. They constantly have to watch out for Pikmin flying around and I don't think they will look at my order during the matches, just because they don't have the time and it doesn't matter that much, I think.

Redemption

Smash Cadet
I also don't like having them in order. I will know what order they are in, and then use attacks according to that. Having 3 reds in a row kind of gives away how I'll be approaching, and when many of the same color are in a row, the opponent can see it easier without needing to concentrate

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Well, one of my motivations for ordering my Pikmin is to avoid accidentally trying to KO an opponent with a white Pikmin. It just doesn't work. :) When my opponent is at a high percentage, in my head, I say to myself "OK, time to kill him." Then, when I actually land a 'killing' blow, it's with a white Pikmin because I didn't whistle to change to a different color Pikmin. So, yeah, refusing to order your Pikmin may make Olimar seem more unpredictable, but that may also be troublesome for the Olimar player, as well. Also, if you are one of those people who do specific actions for each colored Pikmin, like only forward-smashing when you have a red Pikmin, only throwing Pikmin when you have a white Pikmin, only grabbing when you have a blue Pikmin, or whatever, then you are just asking for your opponent to read you like a book. My point is, it is possible to be unpredictable without depending on the order (or disorder, in your case) of the Pikmin.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I usually don't worry about my order as much unless I have whites in my line or if I'm trying to do something specific such as looking to ko with a blue bthrow

Top Bottom