• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im not lazy i promise

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
i just dont like reading that much
and i couldnt find anything in BoD(hey thats my schools initials) guide or shiris guide
about yoshi's shield pressure.
so anyone kno?

also can u SH his bair and have enough air time to do another action?
my fingers arent slow :[

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yoshi has...okay shield pressure. Nothing fantastic.

Against smaller characters, he'll really want to abuse DJC neutral airs through the shield and behind the opponent to avoid getting shieldgrabbed. If you can't get behind them for some reason, jabbing on the landing is fine, but double jabs will get you punished, so if you have to jab, stick to poking with that and down tilt or jabbing with some short intervals between them into more DJCs.

Against taller characters, the easiest and most effective shield pressure I've seen experienced is jab to down tilt repeatedly. If down tilt is pushing them too far away, do a short wavedash in or just walk briskly for another jab. Try to make sure not to forward tilt while moving up by accident since the one-two timing of this needs to be kept, but it's actually really effective for how simple it is.

And yes, Yoshi can perform a short hop back aerial into a second aerial.

I hope you found this helpful.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
awesome thank you :D
i thought his bair or dair might work.

also if u dont mind answering a new yoshi users questions...
whats a good/logical time to use his dair to its fullest extent?
ive found it extremely devastating from a utilt or DJC uair but thats on coms...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Best time to down aerial is to edgeguard. Using it to combo after a launcher is okay as well.

Top Bottom