• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new!

Thadigus

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm new to this forum and fairly new to Brawl in general. I play Brawl only though. The reason I got on this forum was because a friend of mine, xXTOPWOLFXx, he told be that people are friendly here and I should join if I want to get good someday. I DO NOT! go to tournaments as of right now. I don't think I'm that good but I really want to learn some deep things in this game. I play a little online to practice with my one sparing partner but I really need more practice. Anyway I am a PC gamer and I play FPS. I am a computer nerd and I build things like that. Anyway I need to practice more than maybe I could do something a bit more competitive.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Heya Thadigus, welcome to SWF! I actually know of the user you're talking about since he introduced himself not too long ago as well :p

To start you off, you could give this guide to competitive Smash a read if you're interested. It'll get you hip to the deep parts of the game and hopefully you'll end up adopting more of a competitive mindset by the time you finish reading. As for practice, playing with more human opponents always helps, so you could either look into the Arena to play with others online, or you could look into getting more involved on a local level with a community close to you. As someone who is looking to get better, being able to embrace defeat can do a lot for you in the long run, so I'd advise not to avoid events if you're just worried about the losing part. Everybody goes through that, just apart of the growing process. Starting out, gaining the experience means a great deal more than anything else (aside from having fun) imo.

But enough about all that :p

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Top Bottom