• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im new

green-Lpool

Smash Rookie
hi guys, im new at the game, im from panama

i want to main luigi and i dont know what luigi should i see.. my friends told me about 3 good luigis i could watch and learn

ka master
blea gelo
pakman

i wanted to know if these are good recommendations, and what should i learn first, wavedashing? or short hop fast falling l cancel

thank you and sorry for bothering people

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Welcome.

I would also suggest Smash God and Mexican Eddy. They are all good Luigis too.

If it wasn't Luigi I would suggest L canceling and dash dancing first, but in the green plumber's case it is probably a good idea to work on getting good wavedashes. Learn to utilize forward tilt grabs and aerials. Work on getting a feel on how to combo different characters.

Check out Smash God's Luigi Guide to get any general information here.

There is a lot of good information scattered in my QA thread so you can give that a look over too here

green-Lpool

Smash Rookie
thank you pakman.. i have been checking those threads a lot.. im learning WD, i think im doing pretty well..

right now im playing vs problematic falco.. he does a lot of lasers, he is learning too, but he is a litlle better than me... im trying to grab a lot to u throw and upsmash.. but it does not always work out.. what dhould i do, and how can i go thru lasers?

KING139

Smash Rookie
thank you pakman.. i have been checking those threads a lot.. im learning WD, i think im doing pretty well..

right now im playing vs problematic falco.. he does a lot of lasers, he is learning too, but he is a little better than me... im trying to grab a lot to u throw and upsmash.. but it does not always work out.. what should i do, and how can i go thru lasers?
well, you can't go thru lasers, but there are ways around them.

Sometimes you can short hop over them, but what i like to do is wavedash into shield. once you get good at it, the distance you gain from the wavedash will exceed the distance you will get pushed back.

Though this is extremely hard to do, it wouldn't hurt to practice power shielding.
If you shield at the exact moment that the laser would hit you, you'll power shield it, and reflect it right back at him!

BTW. I hate falco.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
if ur not in FD, platforms would be great.. if ur in FD, waveshield will do its work, rolling does more than you think.. but u gotta learn when to roll. waveshielding will work in everystage in general

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
lol, as soon as KA master posts in here, we'll have this guys's luigi holy trinity.
Falco is stupid, learn to use platforms to move around lazers. he can't go from the bottom of the stage to the first tier of platforms, so you can transition between the two to approach.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, I used to main Luigi. Pink costume only ;D

Wavedashing is everything to some Luigi's, try not to get too predictable with it. I once seen someone playing PC Chris using basically only Wavedash and D-Smash which funnily enough landed hits loads of times.

New guy said:
hi guys, im new at the game, im from panama
FUUUUUUUU-

Top Bottom