• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new to this whole thing

Anubis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-6997-0574
Hey guys I'm new here. I strive to get better at smash and I plan on going to tournaments in the future. Sadly I'm not at that skill level yet. I need a ton more practice. I just got my first gamecube controller so any advice on good button layouts?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Welcome to the boards!
Check out here for help finding smashers or a scene in your area!
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee
Hope I helped~
I use the GamePad so I don't have much advice :L

Stump

Smash Rookie
Hey Anubis! Welcome to Smashboards from a fellow newcomer. As for the button layout, I prefer using the standard layout and taking off tap jump. That way it is easier to do up tilts without accidentally jumping. Although the Z button is grab on the standard layout, I like to use L/R and A. It seems the most consistent to me. Good luck!

Top Bottom