• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new to doctor mario!

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
a few general observations after watching no more than 20 seconds o.o

*why was it on team mode? 0.o
*learn to SHFFL consistantly, SHFFLed Uairs and Bairs own.
*dont roll so much, you can wave dash, ergo, you should be WDing backward instead of rolling backward.

basically, a good place to start is by reading cyphus' guide, and watching smashmac's accompanying video.

apologies for not being incredibly comprehensive, this is the best i can manage while incredibly hungover o.o

-x-

Smash Journeyman
a few general observations after watching no more than 20 seconds o.o

*why was it on team mode? 0.o
*learn to SHFFL consistantly, SHFFLed Uairs and Bairs own.
*dont roll so much, you can wave dash, ergo, you should be WDing backward instead of rolling backward.

basically, a good place to start is by reading cyphus' guide, and watching smashmac's accompanying video.

apologies for not being incredibly comprehensive, this is the best i can manage while incredibly hungover o.o

-x-

yea cuz the way you started barking at him you think you didnt see his " remember i'm still a noob ".

yea but khaine is semi right about learning to tech shffl and wavedash etc. where are you from? if your from the chi you could be my apprentice, hehehe

why doesnt these boards have rent a noob:chuckle: lol i love to own a noob and dont say your one cuz it'll only make you look stupid:laugh:

iankobe

Smash Lord
It's a good thing to see you WDing. Good job. Before going any further with Doc, you need to strat praticing how to SHFFL, and Pill Spam. If you start knowing how to SHFFL with Doc, your game will start off more smoothly and even easier to attack your opponent. In Doc's game, Pill spam takes a large roll too. Try to spam Pills throughout your entire game. That way, you can start praticing how to use the pills effectively and so you'll know where the pills go and how they can stop your opponet.

Grabbing is also a big factor in Doc's game. Now, you should already know how to grab, but if you want to use Doc's grab more effetively, you need to Jump Cancel (JC). In order to JC, try to press X or Y before grabbing. You need to press Z or L+A IMMEDIATELY after the X/Y.

For even more details, watch this video called "The Doctor's checkup":http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3611692370748778742&q=doctors+checkup

It's really good to see you knowing how to WD. But don't use it WAYY too much because you start being predictable. Good luck!

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
yea cuz the way you started barking at him you think you didnt see his " remember i'm still a noob ".

no dear, i did.

and i wouldn't define it as barking at all.

i'm generally a blunt person, and when i'm in a lazy mood (i.e. hungover) i have no desire to dress it up. at all o.o

i watched about 20seconds, youtube fscked up, so i made a few general observations off the top of my head, that was it.

edit: and i wasn't 'semi' right, i was just right. admittedly i didnt expand on those points, and they were only basic ones at that. but they are correct.

-x-

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
well for being new. that was a decent dm. a couple suggestions... grab more. dr mario has some awesome grab combos. you over used the neutral air when the cmp tried to recover. i suggest using the back air instead. it will send the opponent farther and is a great move overall. more edge guarding as well. the back air is great for edge guarding. and shffling and teching could be used. but overall a decent dm.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good tips Khaine. I'd follow what Khaine says... he's not being a jerk he's just giving tips... there's nothing at all wrong with that. Would you rather he wouldn't give advice at all? Good **** Khaine for giving tips while hungover. +rep...err... :(

Also, it'd help if you recorded some matches of you vs someone else because it's not hard to predict a comp at all... but a human opponent is much harder. You get some vids of you vs a human and I'll critique you because watching someone vs a lvl 9 is really really boring.

Smash Journeyman
Good tips Khaine. I'd follow what Khaine says... he's not being a jerk he's just giving tips... there's nothing at all wrong with that. Would you rather he wouldn't give advice at all? Good **** Khaine for giving tips while hungover. +rep...err... :(

Also, it'd help if you recorded some matches of you vs someone else because it's not hard to predict a comp at all... but a human opponent is much harder. You get some vids of you vs a human and I'll critique you because watching someone vs a lvl 9 is really really boring.
its not that khaine didnt give good tips. it just seemed like he didnt see where this guy said
im still a noob.

but anyways just practice more with doc learn to tech and plz give us better vids of you
and your on your way.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
cheers spawn.

and i see your point mario master, no offence or anything taken.

but yes, more videos appreciated!

more videos = better and more constructive critique/praise.

question: how many regular opponents do you have? if possible, get vids of you playing your friends.

and slightly off topic: i'll have tournement vids of myself up in about a months time.

EDIT: and to clarify my earlier points: (i dont believe i forgot this part XD)

*you can WD. now, on its own, its not much good. try and find where you can fit it in to your game to actually be effective. WDing back instead of rolling is a good example. there are some more technigues involving WD, that are not just WD. try learning to pulse walk (dash forward, WD back, etc) and sprintslide (dash forward, WD forward) and finding where you can fit those in. you'll prolly have more use for the pulsewalk than the sprintslide. pulsewalking is useful for mindgame-esque purposes, allowing to feint in an attack/combo. sprintsliding is all about getting to places fast. and isnt hugely useful over short distances. (personally, i still use it though).

*SHFFLed arials. fast and efficient. 'nuff said. these can be used in a bajillion circumstances, although it is of course up to you to decide where to fit them into your game. i'd say it would be easier to see these used effectively than have it explained to you. hunt out some videos of well known good docs. cyphus has some here, google or just search for CJ, Caveman etc. on youtube/google video. also, somewhere in the videos section, theres a load from JST5, in which kirby squad plays.

*edgegaurding. Doc is ****ing 1337 at this. bairs and capes essentially. again, this is difficult to explain, so videos, and cyphus' guide are the things to look at.

*pills. these are an ingenious approach tool, and should be used well. smashmac's video that accompanies cyphus' guide explain and demonstrate their uses well.

hope this helps.

-x-

Smash Journeyman
cheers spawn.

and i see your point mario master, no offence or anything taken.

but yes, more videos appreciated!

more videos = better and more constructive critique/praise.

question: how many regular opponents do you have? if possible, get vids of you playing your friends.

and slightly off topic: i'll have tournement vids of myself up in about a months time.

EDIT: and to clarify my earlier points: (i dont believe i forgot this part XD)

*you can WD. now, on its own, its not much good. try and find where you can fit it in to your game to actually be effective. WDing back instead of rolling is a good example. there are some more technigues involving WD, that are not just WD. try learning to pulse walk (dash forward, WD back, etc) and sprintslide (dash forward, WD forward) and finding where you can fit those in. you'll prolly have more use for the pulsewalk than the sprintslide. pulsewalking is useful for mindgame-esque purposes, allowing to feint in an attack/combo. sprintsliding is all about getting to places fast. and isnt hugely useful over short distances. (personally, i still use it though).

*SHFFLed arials. fast and efficient. 'nuff said. these can be used in a bajillion circumstances, although it is of course up to you to decide where to fit them into your game. i'd say it would be easier to see these used effectively than have it explained to you. hunt out some videos of well known good docs. cyphus has some here, google or just search for CJ, Caveman etc. on youtube/google video. also, somewhere in the videos section, theres a load from JST5, in which kirby squad plays.

*edgegaurding. Doc is ****ing 1337 at this. bairs and capes essentially. again, this is difficult to explain, so videos, and cyphus' guide are the things to look at.

*pills. these are an ingenious approach tool, and should be used well. smashmac's video that accompanies cyphus' guide explain and demonstrate their uses well.

hope this helps.

-x-
ok kool khaine i wasnt trying to start some bs since i already have several warnings for stupid things:mad: . lol

technomancer

Smash Champion
If you're going to play against a CPU play Marth for god's sake. Zelda's AI just spams the side B and is ********.

Top Bottom