• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new to Dedede

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what's your backround? melee? brawl? neither?

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
I too just started playing dedede, so I'm probably not the most qualified person to advise you, but I'll try. As with any other character, I recommend picking a smasher who plays that character and watching at least 3 or 4 of their matches to see what sort of moves work best for that character and what technical skill is helpful, such as waddle dashing for dedede. Then just start practicing on level 3 cpus to get some basic combo awareness and what stages you would want to use as that character. Personally, Battlefield is my favorite for dedede. After a while, advance on to level 7's for full practicing, but raise their stock control to like 6 to 4. If you need any help finding a smasher who plays the king, g-regulate and turbo both do.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I started out as a DDD main in Brawl but when everyone in my region stopped playing Brawl I switched over to Melee where I main Samus. I've tried Samus in PM, but I think it's a bad idea, as she's quite different. I'm thinking of changing PM main to DDD, as I think he fits my style.
I'm too asking for some simple guide lines on how to play the king.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
throw them off the stage
edgeguard with fair/bair
recovery from anywhere
repeat

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You can beat the majority of the cast (and even win the game entirely if your opponents can't adjust to it) with essentially 4 moves.

Are they far away? Waddle Throw
Are they on the ground? FTilt
Are they in the air? Fair
Did they get past your defense? Shield -> Grab

Top Bottom