• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new and gotta lot of questions :)

Panda334

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0464-4610
Hi I'm Matt. But I prefer Panda. I recently got SSB for 3ds and I'm in love! I have recently got into competitive fighting games such as Blazblue and stuff. I have been playing Injustice ever since it came out (well I took a break for like 8 months cuz long story xD). I'm fairly experienced at fighting games. I would say I'm an expert in the intermediate section :p I've been playing SSB since I was a little kid and my brother would DESTROY me at it. I owned the gamecube one and the wii one, but never looked into the competitive seen. I honestly didn't even know there was one. It's not until lately I've been more competitive about the games I play. I believe that fighting games take a lot of skill from quick reaction time, strategy, and a bunch of other stuff. I really want to learn more about this game.

My biggest question is the terms. I'm kinda confused. I've seen terms like nair, dair and tilt and other things. Could I please get an explanation :) What is Project M? I get it's like a SSB game but... WTF? xD

As for my hobbies, I longboard, play video games (obviously :D), draw, read comics (religiously) and watch Naruto :) I want to main Pit. He just really felt good to play as. Also any advice and answers to my questions would be helpful!!! :D Thanks for reading and have a absolutely FAB day xP

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654
welcome to the forums! Project M to my knowlege is basically a hacked version of brawl with different skins different stages and etc.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Welcome Panda, let me help:

-My biggest question is the terms. I'm kinda confused. I've seen terms like nair, dair and tilt and other things.

These terms refer to commands in game, like nair = normal air (when jumping, just hitting the attack bottom, without pressing sides), dair = down air (when jumping, pressing down on the stick when attacking), tilt = instead of AAA, or a Smash attack (charged attack), you just attack sideways, and so on, as you read the posts on the community, you start to figure everything out.

-What is Project M? I get it's like a SSB game but... WTF? xD

Project M is a hacked version of Brawl, aiming to turn it into a newer copy of Melee, as people tend to call Melee the "official tournament Smash".

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Project M is sort of like a mod for brawl that makes it play like melee(which is faster hen brawl), it adds costumes and you can also play as Mewtwo and Roy

The competitive scene is pretty awesome and I've only recently got into it. If you play smash and watch it about every day it will take like a few weeks to get used to it. Also, try to get backup characters just in case pit's not good against a specific character.

I play a lot of fighting games too but I only play smash competitively. The best way to get better fast is to keep playing for glory

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654
Project M is sort of like a mod for brawl that makes it play like melee(which is faster hen brawl), it adds costumes and you can also play as Mewtwo and Roy

The competitive scene is pretty awesome and I've only recently got into it. If you play smash and watch it about every day it will take like a few weeks to get used to it. Also, try to get backup characters just in case pit's not good against a specific character.

I play a lot of fighting games too but I only play smash competitively. The best way to get better fast is to keep playing for glory
not if you have people who spam relentlessly with samus dedede etc. :/

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
not if you have people who spam relentlessly with samus dedede etc. :/
Yeah Samus is annoying but countering some of dedede's moves are kind of easy, one jab can launch his side b back at him, I'm usually the dedede that spams anyway. Lol

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654
Yeah Samus is annoying but countering some of dedede's moves are kind of easy, one jab can launch his side b back at him, I'm usually the dedede that spams anyway. Lol
I mean I just hate people who spam that damn spike ball... like cmon man fight me head on instead of running away using that **** lol

Panda334

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0464-4610
Welcome Panda, let me help:

-My biggest question is the terms. I'm kinda confused. I've seen terms like nair, dair and tilt and other things.

These terms refer to commands in game, like nair = normal air (when jumping, just hitting the attack bottom, without pressing sides), dair = down air (when jumping, pressing down on the stick when attacking), tilt = instead of AAA, or a Smash attack (charged attack), you just attack sideways, and so on, as you read the posts on the community, you start to figure everything out.

-What is Project M? I get it's like a SSB game but... WTF? xD

Project M is a hacked version of Brawl, aiming to turn it into a newer copy of Melee, as people tend to call Melee the "official tournament Smash".
Thank you very much! I love to see such nice people on the forums (unlike the League of Legends ones). :)

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654
Thank you very much! I love to see such nice people on the forums (unlike the League of Legends ones). :)
dont get me started on those people lmao they are one of the worst communities ever no ****ing joke. I play LoL and I can say that with a straight face >.>

Panda334

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0464-4610
dont get me started on those people lmao they are one of the worst communities ever no ****ing joke. I play LoL and I can say that with a straight face >.>
Haha yeah love the game, but the community tho...

Panda334

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0464-4610
AWESOME! I don't mean to stop you from doing your stuff, but what's your youtube channel, i'll sub. And also check out mine. it's NiteLife

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
WHATSUP man! Welcome to the boards! I'm new as well but not to smash. I'd recommend checking out the smash bros documentary. It really helped me get a grasp on the different technical aspects of the game even though it focuses mainly on melee.

Potbuggey

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJCROX
welcome to the forums! Project M to my knowlege is basically a hacked version of brawl with different skins different stages and etc.
It's more than that. It changes the game speed by quite a lot and the physics are tweaked to be more like Melee.

Panda334

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0464-4610
why thanks alot dude! that means alot to me! :)
You just have that unique personality that people seek on youtube. Thats why PewDiePie is so big, and jacksepticeye, markiplier, mikeybolts, jenna marbles and the list goes on. But I see a future to this channel no lie :) add me as a friend on 3ds also

Fluffy Panda

Smash Cadet
NNID
liljo246839
3DS FC
1521-4024-6654
You just have that unique personality that people seek on youtube. Thats why PewDiePie is so big, and jacksepticeye, markiplier, mikeybolts, jenna marbles and the list goes on. But I see a future to this channel no lie :) add me as a friend on 3ds also
You got it! also I just uploaded episode 5 right now! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIUdWYItASI
Trusty Steed Yoshi.png

Top Bottom