• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I'm loving the game so far, but I'm worried that...

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
I play it like twice a day.

Though, I feel that I'll probably stop playing by Christmas time or January. I mean, I played MK 8 for a month on my Wii U, and playing that now is torture due to the burnout.

It's Smash, it's freaking AWESOME, and it's fun as *** with friends. But I'm honestly wondering if my hype/interest will stay as time goes on.

HiPNoTyQ

Smash Cadet
NNID
HiPNoTyQ
3DS FC
1521-2688-6157
It's all subjective I guess, I'm still playing Mario Kart 8 pretty regular (especially lately since the DLC came out) but that's because it was THE game at my buddies place before I moved in October. I think Smash can easily fall in that category. You go to hang out with your friends, but it will be the game of choice.

Again, if you're not enjoying it, find something you do enjoy. Captain Toad will be out really soon and I hear great things about Bayonetta 2.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
It's all subjective I guess, I'm still playing Mario Kart 8 pretty regular (especially lately since the DLC came out) but that's because it was THE game at my buddies place before I moved in October. I think Smash can easily fall in that category. You go to hang out with your friends, but it will be the game of choice.

Again, if you're not enjoying it, find something you do enjoy. Captain Toad will be out really soon and I hear great things about Bayonetta 2.
I still love Smash Wii U, but yeah, I don't touch Mario Kart 8 anymore. Or did you mean something else with the "if you're not enjoying it" comment?

HiPNoTyQ

Smash Cadet
NNID
HiPNoTyQ
3DS FC
1521-2688-6157
No I pretty much meant that. Enjoyment is pretty subjective so if you don't like it, don't feel forced to play. I felt a little stale on Mario Kart 8 until it became the game all my friends played, which made me enjoy it a lot more due to rivalries and the like :)

Like my one buddy played MK8 day in and day out on time trial and just became such a dominator, so it became the thing to try to beat him. A few times we went the full 32 Race Versus mode, which took a few hours each time. I think rivalries are huge to longevity of games like Smash and MK.

Last edited:

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
No I pretty much meant that. Enjoyment is pretty subjective so if you don't like it, don't feel forced to play. I felt a little stale on Mario Kart 8 until it became the game all my friends played, which made me enjoy it a lot more due to rivalries and the like :)
Yeah, I might try MK 8 again someday.

Quick question, where do we go to ask about how good/bad a character is?

Last edited:

HiPNoTyQ

Smash Cadet
NNID
HiPNoTyQ
3DS FC
1521-2688-6157
I guess you could make a general post in the Wii U/3DS sub forum or go into the character specific forums under '3DS & Wii U Character Discussion'

Top Bottom