• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm looking to master another Character.... suggestions?

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
After raise my online average and realizing i ONLY use Bowser Jr online, im now looking to master another character for fun (or more specifically for glory LOL)

if you guys can give me a suggestion and tips on how to be good with that character would be greatly appreciated :)

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Well, that depends. What are you looking for in said character? Counterpick for your main's bad Matchups? A funsies character? Similar design to your main?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wario received some very good buffs (being able to eat just about everything for example), and overall he's very tough but not to slow and heavy. You might like him.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Well, that depends. What are you looking for in said character? Counterpick for your main's bad Matchups? A funsies character? Similar design to your main?
i was looking for someone siliar to bowser jr BUT a Counterpick for your main's bad Matchups sound like a smart option

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Hmmmm...Jr's a zoning/keepaway projectile character, right? Theoretically, DH could work. However, I honestly don't know enough about Jr. to state an opinion there(All my wins vs. him were just me playing patiently vs. his projectiles). Sorry, XD.

Niala

Smash Ace
Speaking from my own experience, I tend to find quite a few characters of the same style that I like, and then a few outer variants:

:4robinm::4wiifit: :4duckhunt::4link:pretty zone heavy with their projectiles, but still have good in-your-face tools.
:rosalina:Great space control (geddit?) with Luma, and incredible range on her attacks. Also pretty zone-heavy, but not in the same way.
:4ganondorf::4falcon::4jigglypuff: All pretty in-your-face characters, with varying speeds and capacities.

If you're playing Bowser Jr., I'd suggest maybe G&W/Villager/Samus for a similar character. I'm definitely not an expert, but they all seem to have solid aerials with lots of zoning potential. Might fit where you're looking for it to.

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
My friends running joke re me and Smash is that I played Marth and nobody else in Brawl, but I've started playing a lot of C.Falcon in this game and he is so much fun. Learning him I think has helped me improve a lot as a Smasher in general. Also I have picked up Dedede who's a lot of fun, and taking a break from Marth to learn those two has made me play Marth a bit better too, somehow. I don't know Bowser Jnr very well though but I will recommend C. Falcon because he's just so cool to play as when it's going well.

Last edited:

Leyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Leyolith
3DS FC
3136-6661-4301
DHD, Robin, Olimar, and Diddy come to mind. Diddy's really fun to play as in this game. Somewhat like PM Diddy but worse.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Hm... Megaman, Captain Falcon, Robin, and possibly Shulk? Throwing out characters here.

Top Bottom