• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm looking to get into competitive...

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Hey all!

I looking to try and get into competitive Smashing, but as I am new and have never done such a thing, I want to know some tips, strategies and tactics for certain characters, and pretty much everything I need to know before I start. Thanks!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey all!

I looking to try and get into competitive Smashing, but as I am new and have never done such a thing, I want to know some tips, strategies and tactics for certain characters, and pretty much everything I need to know before I start. Thanks!
All I can say is:

Take notes on professional matches, ask yourself. Why did they do this or that instead of this?

Focus on the type of character that you want to play or one that fits your play style.

Have fun and have plenty of matches to keep your morale and lets you hone your skills.

Good luck.

Last edited:

SlimX

Smash Rookie
What he said^ Choose your layout and get familiar with your choice of characters and find out as much as you can about them. Their weaknesses, advantages, and the feel of that specific character(s).
Have fun!!

Top Bottom