• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm in top form today!" - Robin Image Gallery (Updated 07/21/14)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Their builds aren't really more different than the Robin's, just the cloak makes it less visible.
So why can't the two Robin's have slightly different builds just like the Wii Fit Trainers have slightly different builds?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
So why can't the two Robin's have slightly different builds just like the Wii Fit Trainers have slightly different builds?
They ARE slightly different. SLIGHTLY. And the cloak simply gives hte impression they do not. Try looking at a man an a woman both of the same size wearing cloaks, you couldn't make out many differences, and anyway, the only difference between the two WFT's is that one has breasts and one doesn't. And in Awakening female robin is flat as a board. So...

For reference:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If you google "FE:Awakening Rule 34" its your own fault dude :/
I didn't though, I was just trying to find good concept art of Robin cause I wanted to draw both :4robinm: and :4robinf:. :|
And I don't know what Rule 34 is, but I'm going to assume I don't want to find out. So I'll just erase that from my mind. :urg:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I didn't though, I was just trying to find good concept art of Robin cause I wanted to draw both :4robinm: and :4robinf:. :|
And I don't know what Rule 34 is, but I'm going to assume I don't want to find out. So I'll just erase that from my mind. :urg:
Rule 34 is a so-called "rule of the internet" and says "If it exists, there is pr0n of it". Which is why you will find a lot of fanart of F!Robin that is a lot... bustier. I don't know about the more "mature" F!Robin in Awakening, but the standard version is as basically flat as Nowi.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Rule 34 is a so-called "rule of the internet" and says "If it exists, there is pr0n of it". Which is why you will find a lot of fanart of F!Robin that is a lot... bustier. I don't know about the more "mature" F!Robin in Awakening, but the standard version is as basically flat as Nowi.
Well
Why did you tell me
Goddamit
I'm leaving
screwthis
Not maining Robin anymore
not gonna buy Awakening now
look what you did
bye *flips table*

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
F!Robin is significantly shorter and thinner than M!Robin in their game of origin. So F!Robin's model was made much more similiar to M!Robin in Smash in order to make them 100% equal on the battlefield (or else it would affect battle records and one would have to be a separate character or cut entirely, given that the different genders of Robin, Villager, and WFT are alternate costumes).

A side effect of this is that because the default F!Robin is rather... "flat"... it makes her look more like M!Robin than her original model, but sacrifices has to be made. (After all, if F!Robin's hurtbox extended further than her actual model, there'd be a problem.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I explained the reason for that literally a post above you. Them having a noticable different build would lead to wacky hitboxes and all sorts of nonsense.
Undoubtedly. I was just saying that I'm not sure if there builds are any different.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
They ARE slightly different. SLIGHTLY. And the cloak simply gives hte impression they do not. Try looking at a man an a woman both of the same size wearing cloaks, you couldn't make out many differences, and anyway, the only difference between the two WFT's is that one has breasts and one doesn't. And in Awakening female robin is flat as a board. So...

For reference:
Hmm... Until I saw your post, I hadn't realized that Female!Robin's undershirt has a much deeper cut (right term?) than Male!Robin's and that his shoulders look a little more broad than hers. I guess I'd always just assumed that the head was just copy-pasted onto each of the cloaks XD

I do like how the Smash Bros version seems to be sneaking personality in there. Robin has always had "dull" eyes despite his actual personality, but Smash Bros works with this by making Robin seem more expressive with his mouth and still leaving his eyes sorta "dull"(Female!Robin's eyes have always seemed less "dull" to begin with).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Do you guys know how it just annoys me how much a handsome pretty of a guy they made Robin look in this game? Must be that gray, silky hair... Also those eyes.

It's like I never realized how much Robin was quite the looker until this game showed him in full HD goodiness.

(And I already ship this guy hard with Chrom)

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Is this Robin screen KO?

What a strange thing to upload as a screenshot, not seeing the humor in it either.

...Oh god, I just remembered something disturbing too. Frozen/petrified people are a fetish in Japan.

Goddammit Sakurai. You and your subtle sexual innuendos/interests.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone help me find the picture of Robin's 3ds Final Smash? I know I saw it somewhere, and it had Chrom in his 8-bit style from the battlefield of Awakening.

Folt

Smash Ace
What a strange thing to upload as a screenshot, not seeing the humor in it either.

...Oh god, I just remembered something disturbing too. Frozen/petrified people are a fetish in Japan.

You were just trying to be funny, right?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Everything is a fetish everywhere.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oh yes, this is great! Chrom on the victory screen makes me quite happy. I'm glad they give him more exposure than just the FS.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Heyy I can dig those colors
That's a really nice shade of blue hair and I like the pink and yellow, too

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I like the way most of those colours look, I just would have wished for a blonde male Robin. Oh well - Original colour it is, then.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I might use that Archsage Soren-style one aside from default. Mostly plain recolor-styled tho...
The second-to-last one looks WAY too much like a White Mage from the Final Fantasy series.

It'd make even more sense if that color alt belonged to F!Robin, but I can kind of see the resemblance to Soren in M!Robin. The alts in general remind me of the (SNES/GBA) sprites from the FE series, and I like that a lot.

Hong

The Strongest
I like the way most of those colours look, I just would have wished for a blonde male Robin. Oh well - Original colour it is, then.
I wanted it just for you. :)
The second-to-last one looks WAY too much like a White Mage from the Final Fantasy series.
That's my favourite of the traditional Final Fantasy classes, so I don't mind.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Honestly, I HATE all of these alts. I'm disappointed :c Maybe some like the Pink will grow on me, but for now I'm sad.

Hong

The Strongest
Honestly, I HATE all of these alts. I'm disappointed :c Maybe some like the Pink will grow on me, but for now I'm sad.
A reasonable statement.

This is the first shortcoming Robin has had. I suppose it's just a shocker with how Robin-biased Mr. Sakurai has seemed.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wanted it just for you. :)
That's my favourite of the traditional Final Fantasy classes, so I don't mind.
Oh, I don't mind it either. It's just something that I found really interesting.

Now if only F!Robin with pink hair could put on her hood with that color scheme, I would immediately start thinking of her as Lenna.

Or Garnet if she had black hair.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think the reason the coloured versions don't look as good as the original is that they have hair that matches their robe colour. It makes sense to let the colours clearly be one team-specific one, but the contrast from the original is sorely missing.

Top Bottom