• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm in a tournament at school, I drew Yoshi

enigma-

Smash Rookie
Well, the title really says it all. Anyone have any techiniques that would be best suited for yoshi that they would like to share with me?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
A good combo that could do for yoshi on certain characters would be Utilt +Dair.So yah,practice different combo or watch how pro yoshi's handle different situations in videos on youtube to improve your skill.

greenblob

Smash Lord
General rule of thumb for messageboards: before asking questions, read the stickys, especially if it's titled "Read THIS."

More specifically for Yoshi: abuse launch attacks such as fair, utilt, and ftilt. When recovering, hold off using the second jump until the last moment and DJC to minimize falling time.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
why slap the host?
that could actually be a lot of fun; the only setback is that to have nice pro matches, you'd need every one to be able to use all the characters well
so if the tournament is pay to play, perhaps a person should get better with all 12 characters before signing up, ha

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
He is saying HOW to make a YOSHI PAINT.

The best advice are:

For the face: Two mountains and a great ball.
For the body: A banana.

Add the details.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
And here's me thinking he meant that he actually drew a match vs. a Yoshi. O well.
If that's what you actually meant, then waiting until his jump runs out of the can't touch this stage and then knocking him off the ledge works.
Yoshi eats Falcon combos too.

Thino

Smash Master
He is saying HOW to make a YOSHI PAINT.

The best advice are:

For the face: Two mountains and a great ball.
For the body: A banana.

Add the details.

LMAO !

rokimomi

Smash Lord
You really need to first read the terminology before you can ask questions, otherwise the posts will be gigantic trying to write out everything in detail.

But for future reference, master djc, get good at parrying i guess, and get ur 0-deaths down. Yoshi's a combo factory, cheap too.

felix45

Smash Lord
ok I'm sure everyone here is confusing you so I'll give it to you easy.

dont grab unless you are sure you will get them. use up tilt (utilt) to down air (dair) until they get a really high percentage and then nair, bair, or smash attack to finish them.

be sure you know how to z cancel. practice with link to start. go into training mode and do his down arial and before you hit the ground press z. you'll notice that his sword wont stick in the ground and you will be instantly back up and ready to fight. you can do this to all of yoshi's arial attacks as well.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wow yoshi fan, wow...

That character draw is a good idea. I might implement that in our school's next tournament.

Top Bottom