• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having trouble following up. Low hitstun?

Safeway

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or does Falcon have rather low hitstun on his moves? I'm having a lot of trouble following up.

Punishes are hardly rewarding for me since the opponent is able to air dodge as soon as I get to them to put out a hitbox in the air. I feel as though the knee is not a reliable kill move for me and I can barely get the knee to connect.

Dash attack to upair and after the upair they're able to dodge or even use a move so quickly even at reasonably high percent (~80% and upward). Also nair is not a reliable approach for me either.

How do you guys play Falcon in this iteration of Smash?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
A lot more dash attacks and dash grabbing. A lot more dthrow to uair. Knee is a punish, or a hail mary option, but not a reliable move. Nair isn't so effective either, but good for the odd momentum stopper at low percent juggles and can lead to gentleman or grab.

Honestly it's pretty one-dimensional and a little disappointing but at least it's leagues better than Brawl. When you do land that good knee it feels extra sexy.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
a lot of the combos are frame tight, otherwise just frame trap them when they're airborne.

Top Bottom