• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im having IC problems.

La Pared

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you can help me out. See I been using the IC for sometime now. I had just recently started to do one chain grab. Though sometimes my opponent avoids grabs and it really messes me up a lot since I cant rack up much damage on them. I have tried the Ice Shot and Blizzard attacks but with characters like Pit uses the Angel Ring it just bounces back at me. When I get to close to them they beat me pretty bad. And then I end up losing Nana in the process. Does anyone have any useful tips for this IC newbie? thanks.

-LP

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Use desynch approaches to setup for grabs, or camp and let your opponent approach you then shield grab. Also learn how to fight with the IC's without their grabs. Don't make it so obvious that you're going for a grab.

La Pared

Smash Rookie
yea I been trying to do some de-synch attacks to get to them sometimes. But I guess I can camp a little bit more. Sometimes I rush at them with the sideB and follow up with a blizzard attack so Im going to see if I can add some more stuff to it. thanks

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
if you play at a stage with walls or have dips in them you can shoot ice cubes both in front of and jump and shoot them over the head of your opponent. Then they will come back and hit him from in front and behind. that can give you a little more damage and perhaps openings. Also, if you do desynch them, a desynched squall hammer into whatever you want is always a nice way to go. Pit is kinda tough though..if he traps yo uin the angel ring...just smash attack him as soon as you get out of it. It should hit him...you have to be really close though.

La Pared

Smash Rookie
Yeah Pit and Meta are some of the characters that I have trouble with most of the time. But I will keep trying as much as I can to get better with IC. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom