• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm having a problem with M.k.

Arby

Smash Rookie
I tend not to use that alot as it annoys my friends.

Still, thanks for the tip. I do spam it against thunder spammers and such.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
You should try to use mach tornado (B) and shuttle loop(up+B) a bit more than usual.
And you should take them 1 by 1, cuz Mk is better on 1 on1.
And last but not least, use ur down smashes a lot! And airgames too.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask.

OH and it annoys your friends? PERFECT! That means they're having a tough time and u should be happy. It's their problems not being able to dodge it.heheh.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Use Meta's evasiveness to encourage them to fight each other. Don't jump into the fire. Fast fall in, beat an open opponent in the head, and escape. Use the Mach Tornado and Shuttleloop a lot, as mentioned above. Let the others get the 0%-100% for you, and you deal the finishing blow. Keep them off your case with stall-gliding under the stage and the tornado. Camp the ledges since you can control that area well and chase others off the map when they find themselves out there. That’s all for now. Heh.

Arby

Smash Rookie
Hmm... now that you mention it HolyForce, I usually go right in the battle, working to get a kill. Then the kill gets stolen. Great tip!

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... now that you mention it HolyForce, I usually go right in the battle, working to get a kill. Then the kill gets stolen. Great tip!
In RPG terms, if you want to play a warrior, pick Marth for Singles or Ike for 4-man. Think of Meta as more of a rogue. Dodge around, poke, make yourself a less desired target because of how hard you are you hit/chase down . . . then when the moment is right: BACKSTAB! KO someone - lol. Learn when it's a good idea to 'speed thru' with a Mach Tornado just to throw everyone off - then flee the scene. They will all be too busy re-aligning themselves with eachother to chase you. If someone does chase you, just run away. Glide then reverse Shuttleloop, even. When I play 4-mans for fun, I'm always edgehogging - just waiting. Watching. Plotting. Planning. Pondering. And did I mention winning?

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
In RPG terms, if you want to play a warrior, pick Marth for Singles or Ike for 4-man. Think of Meta as more of a rogue. Dodge around, poke, make yourself a less desired target because of how hard you are you hit/chase down . . . then when the moment is right: BACKSTAB! KO someone - lol. Learn when it's a good idea to 'speed thru' with a Mach Tornado just to throw everyone off - then flee the scene. They will all be too busy re-aligning themselves with eachother to chase you. If someone does chase you, just run away. Glide then reverse Shuttleloop, even. When I play 4-mans for fun, I'm always edgehogging - just waiting. Watching. Plotting. Planning. Pondering. And did I mention winning?
I.e. Lie in wait, be the opportunist, then, as said above..........BACKSTAB!

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
true story, also, in 4 player games MK is a huge terrorist, run in attack a little and run out, if someone gets knocked off the edge on the same side ur on chase them off and steal the kill, or edgehog anyone comeing back, 4 player is about survival so keeping that in mind go get em!

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
When I 4 player with MK, Im usually the one finishing people off, Following them off the stage when they get hit ETC. I usually sit at one end of FD opposite of the fighting and hit down a whole bunch so it looks like MK is headbanging, It usually sends one of the 3 people over to me for some good ol 1v1age.

Arby

Smash Rookie
Got it. But what if you have a second Metaknight user? Does it become a battle of kill steals?

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
No MK players have a large ego, so He is likely to come after you to have a basically head bashing contest with you.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
No MK players have a large ego, so He is likely to come after you to have a basically head bashing contest with you.
Sadly it's true. XD

If there is another MK player they will charge you and then it's pretty much a battle of who is the better MK player. So every time I fight another MK I pretty much expect that now.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Train against Lv.9 CPUs which include a heavyweight, a midweight and a mid-light weight (I recommend sword users).
Also don't forget to shield and dodge. That's my major weakness and I really can't afford it with MK. :urg:

Arby

Smash Rookie
Train against Lv.9 CPUs which include a heavyweight, a midweight and a mid-light weight (I recommend sword users).
Also don't forget to shield and dodge. That's my major weakness and I really can't afford it with MK. :urg:
I don't think that will help. Lv.9 CPUs always go after a human player, (at least that's my case) so I can't try the kill steal method. I'll keep it mind though.

metaknightroy06

Smash Rookie
You should try to use mach tornado (B) and shuttle loop(up+B) a bit more than usual.
And you should take them 1 by 1, cuz Mk is better on 1 on1.
And last but not least, use ur down smashes a lot! And airgames too.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask.

OH and it annoys your friends? PERFECT! That means they're having a tough time and u should be happy. It's their problems not being able to dodge it.heheh.
Basically, what he said. To add on, whenyou dont spam the mach tornado, focus fighting one person. when more come, that's when you spam the tornado and/or drill rush. if they get angry, then i'll laugh my *** off. also, when you obtained the final smash, bait them all to come to you(or catch them all off guard), then hit 'em with hit. if the cape doesn't hit 'em, the f**kin' cut will!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't think that will help. Lv.9 CPUs always go after a human player, (at least that's my case) so I can't try the kill steal method.
Yeah, and that's what makes it so challenging.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
do you play stock or time?
cause if its time than the above stratigies are definantly fine, but in stock you should focus on survival over kills, but dont be a jerk and do nothing.
also, try and get into 1-1 situations in the 4 way battle, your more likely to win those

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Try and get a 1 on 1 with another one of the fighters in the 4 player match. Also, the Tornado and Drill Rush are good at catching and controlling the crowd should you ever get ganged upon or you can't get away. If you're still in the middle of the crowd and everybody's at high percentages, try spamming short hopped nairs, or shuttle loops. They'll knock everybody back if they're in range, and give you some breathing room. Then you can find the person with the highest damage and chase them down and finish them. You shouldn't dive in head first into the fight, but you shouldn't stay and campeither, because you'll eventually start attracting attention.

Top Bottom