• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm fairly certain this is still relevant

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It's a cool tactic but I still don't think it would be effective against Marth.
His dtilt still covers it.

Alex21

Smash Rookie
I already used it to take a bomb, but i didn't never think to ledge cancel an aerial, it's seems to be interesting for spacing and taking advantage on the next action.

i'll try this more seriously and i will talk about it here again ! (sorry for my english)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Your English is great, but a commonality I've noticed among non-native speakers, they use the word "take" in any situation that implies wanting.
For example, here you used "take" instead of "pull". It's still technically correct, but not colloquially.
I'm a Linguist btw haha.

Alex21

Smash Rookie
haha thanks BRLNK88 for the English lesson :)

I noticed that a fast character can punish your trick. When you double jump and TAKE ( ;) ) your bomb, you're totally vulnerable. And if you get hit, you lose your stock. So it's risked vs these characters. I think mid-slow characters can punish you too, but with a minor risk. Doing it with a ledge-cancel aerial is a good way to protect your double jump, but only if you hit the opponent. It will work 1 or 2 times, but your opponent will mind it and punish you.

I think it's head or tail with that trick. If it works when you do this, you will take the advantage for the next action. If your opponent mindgames you, you lose your stock... Pretty risky no ? :D

Skler

Smash Master
Thanks Strong Bad!

I think I've used the technique in that video maybe once or twice in actual tournament games. It's really only to be used sparingly if they're already backing away because of ledgehopped fairs (which have massive range and make most people back off).

NNID
dansalvato
Pretty neat tool to add to Link's arsenal. I do agree, though, that it is to be used sparingly because there are oftentimes better options and I find the ledge is generally a dangerous place for Link to be unless the opponent is afraid.

But yeah, it's flashy, which is awesome. ;]

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
I made a new style for link recently. I call him, "Uptilt Link" aka skyward link.

Top Bottom