• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm doing Melee hex editing and I need help...

Dcm05

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dcm05U
Switch FC
SW 6343 3927 4794
So i've tried running Crazy Hand on my laptop and after I choose the melee iso it doesn't do anything, it doesn't even run. So as a work-around, I've been trying to find out what hex offsets change character hitboxes, speed, etc. Does anyone know how I can fix Crazy Hand or a chart of the offsets?

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
So i've tried running Master Hand on my laptop and after I choose the melee iso it doesn't do anything, it doesn't even run. So as a work-around, I've been trying to find out what hex offsets change character hitboxes, speed, etc. Does anyone know how I can fix Crazy Hand or a chart of the offsets?
Are you saying you've tried both?

Master Hand - https://smashboards.com/threads/tool-master-hand-v1-20-melee-character-file-viewer.313930/

Crazy Hand - https://smashboards.com/threads/crazy-hand-v1-31-character-editing-program.389500/

Dcm05

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dcm05U
Switch FC
SW 6343 3927 4794
Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Rip wrong name. (I'll edit the original post) I've been using Craszy Hand, not Master Hand. Is Naster Hand needed for Crazy Hand?
Nah, they're separate programs.

You should definitely keep trying to get Crazy Hand to work if you can, because that program's a lot easier to use for creating quick modifications to characters. I'm not very good at troubleshooting Java programs, so I'm not sure if I can diagnose your problem with the ISO not loading -- but you may have luck asking in the crazy hand thread.

---

If you think you can do with just manual hex editing (and need offsets to character moveset data) then you can use Master Hand to look things up. You may also want to use something like DTW to extract/import character files.

Here's a comparison of the two programs, showing Fox's dash attack move data as an example:

https://i.imgur.com/Hby1KTs.png

Bl4ke

Smash Rookie
Im not sure if you still have this problem 6 months later, but im sure its either your iso or your crazy hand, simply delete your crazy hand and download it make sure its 1.31 and if it still doesent work download your melee iso again. and if it still doesent work, get a new computer because that is the only other variable that could screw it up.

Last edited:

Dcm05

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dcm05U
Switch FC
SW 6343 3927 4794
thanks and i actually don't need anymore help. But the pc was the problem. thanks for the advice though.

Top Bottom