• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm disappointed with the online mode!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, it's statements like this that get annoying. You are most likely not even a customer yet (seeing as how you probably don't own a copy), and besides, as a part of this community, you most likely knew the inner-workings of the product before you even bought it.

Now, I could understand if they falsely advertised the Online Mode as something with chat features, leaderboards, and more versatility with the modes, but they didn't. Hell, Sakurai outwardly said from the get-go that he wasn't even sure if an Online Mode would be possible, but he miraculously pulled something from a place where the sun doesn't shine.

So, please, save the garbage about how surprised you are about the game's shortcomings. This is common knowledge that everyone here should already know, and will know before they decide to make their purchase. You don't get to make demands of a product you haven't even invested in yet, and you certainly don't get to make demands of a product who's features were made apparent long before you chose to buy it.

The game is playing how they marketed it to, and that's all that really matters. Move along people.
I'm sorry that we annoyed you with our post.

However, I am a customer. I have already purchased my copy of the game, and as such, I think I have every right to complain.

I'm fairly sure no one said that Sakurai falsely advertised the game, in fact, I don't see anyone making that argument. What we're saying is that comparatively, this game has terrible, TERRIBLE online features. I'm not expecting the best of the best online functions (like Halo 3's options), but I'm expecting a bit more than what we're getting.

You do realize, that in an age where video games can be modified through patching procedures online, a released product can be improved? If you do realize that, why in God's name are you trying to stop people from getting an improved product? I think this is especially poignant because we've already seen what features the game can have, and simple improvements (uh, like extending the options for free play?) can be easily implemented.

So quite frankly, you're the one that I would classify as annoying. You really don't have any reason to ask people to stop demanding a better product, in fact, if you have any desire to play this game you should want something better. You only make one argument for why we shouldn't get better online play (that "it wasn't advertised!"), and that argument is rather inane. Read my post before this and this one, and if you want to come up with a logical, rational reason for why we don't have the right to be upset over laziness, then I will respond. But as for now, you're just making assertions; as such, you really don't have a valid point.

Look, I'm not asking for something fantastic. We just want to have options when we play online. I want to be able to select item options (a simple on or off would work), how many players I'm against, and not have to go through the bureaucracy of changing my 64 contacts to find a person to play against. If you think manually entering 64 friend codes and continually changing them (in an era with games like Halo 3 - a game that requires a lot more memory with bigger maps and more people than 4 - can pair people online in less than 5-10 minutes with all the options they want) is generous, maybe your parents didn't love you enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom