• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm... De-Proving, help.

JK :^)

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadow2003
3DS FC
2036-7330-6750
Well this sucks...

Around 1 week ago, I've noticed something, I'm deproving. I'm not sure how. I've been practicing even more than I used too. My reads have been getting better. But somehow, I'm loosing to people with 20 hours in game... Hard.

I can pull off about a thousand C. Falcon combos, strings, and tech. But I just can't put them in game anymore. I just end up spamming side b and grab. Even if I'm concisely thinking not too. I've been getting really frustrated, even rage quitting for the first time in my life.

Help pls

D

Deleted member 269706

Slow your play down. As an overly aggressive (ex)Falcon main, I know how hard it is to take this advice, but you have to slow down. Break down every little part of your play. Pay extra close attention to the neutral and every time you get hit, figure out why. Seriously. Go online, play a match against someone, save it, then do it again against a few other players. Now, go to your vault, watch the replays, and figure out why you're getting hit. And then figure out why you're dying. Then with what you've found, go back in, and set a goal for yourself. WINNING DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN YOU'RE GETTING BETTER, SO DON'T MAKE YOUR GOAL "TO WIN". Make your goal something like, "take his stock through X" or "avoid being killed by Y". Maybe "use nair more" or even "do not side B at all". You aren't going to just get better, you have to fix tiny parts in your play. Incrementally improve your play; one piece at a time.

JK :^)

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadow2003
3DS FC
2036-7330-6750
Thanks for the in-depth response!

Since its 1 AM where I live, I'll have to use this advice tomorrow. But yeah, I've never though about it that way. I thought all I had to do was learn combos and reads. Also I totally understand about being too aggressive, I go for dumb F. Punches, knees, and spikes all the time.

I'll report back tomorrow when I've seen what I'm screwing up on.
But again, thanks so much for the reply! This community has to be the most helpful from any game I've played.

Top Bottom