• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 I'm Attending the Super Smash Bros. Roundtable at E3. Any Questions For Sakurai?

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the piece, Gnarleysquid!

It's interesting to see that he verified that all the characters were decided at the beginning of development, even the third parties like Pac-Man.
Thank you for taking an interest. I wouldn't be able to write it if you folks didn't read it. Still plenty of additional content to come from the Q&A session so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe no one actually asked him about Mewtwo. Seriously?!
We were asked not to talk about characters that hadn't been announced. Otherwise I'm sure characters like Ridley and Mewtwo would have been brought up. Oddly enough, no one asked about DLC though. I personally thought that would have been a popular topic. :S

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
We were asked not to talk about characters that hadn't been announced. Otherwise I'm sure characters like Ridley and Mewtwo would have been brought up. Oddly enough, no one asked about DLC though. I personally thought that would have been a popular topic. :S
Perhaps everyone else also thought that DLC would be a popular topic, thus causing no one to ask about it? If that's the case, it's a bit ironic.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Sort of a random question, but since there was a match played with Pac-Man at the roundtable, I'm curious to know how different the CSS looked compared to the demo. Were there any other characters besides Pac-Man that were on the CSS but weren't for the public demo?
I wish I would have been able to take pictures... From what I remember it had a very similar aesthetic (moving background behind the characters and the like) to what's previously been shown. I can't remember if there were additional characters besides Pac-Man.

I know for a fact it didn't feature all 33 of the revealed characters on it, however.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Shucks, was hoping to get some more insight on the CSS. Ah well, I can understand not getting pictures since it was a private thing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm curious what comment this was. I haven't heard him mention Mewtwo specifically for anything.
During a developer discussion with Game Freak people, someone asked if Mewtwo's new form (Mega Mewtwo Y) would appear in the next Smash Bros. Sakurai who was in the crowd got up said that he was considering it.

Last edited:

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
During a developer discussion with Game Freak people, someone asked if Mewtwo's new form (Mega Mewtwo Y) would appear in the next Smash Bros. Sakurai who was in the crowd got up said that he was considering it.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Either Mega form would be cool for Mewtwo. Mega Y would probably be easiest to program as it doesn't switch to being a physical fighter.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Mighty Jabba wishes Wario and Captain Falcoln were revealed infront of a live audience. He beleives the crowd would gone ape poop.

Top Bottom