• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm afraid of using equipment...

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
Can't use it for glory, nor in tournaments and competitions and it's generally hard to balance. As far as I know there are no equipment adding and subtracting an equal amount of ability points for balanced play.

What bothers me the most is the lingering fear I have looming over me If I play a lot alone for a long period while using equipment extensively. Will it affect my skills as a smasher if I get too used to it? If so, why would I ever use it to make things easier for myself while unlocking and collecting stuff in the game? This stops me from using equipment at all and instead I feel like I'm getting locked out of a big feature with lots of fun to be had...

Anyone else got this issue? Anyone got a solution? Or am I totally lame and should just enjoy the game and stop complaining?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If you're afraid of using them, just don't use them. But really there shouldn't be a problem. Personally, I use them for classic and crazy orders. All you gotta do is remember Ganondorf doesn't actually run at Sanic speeds.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I say, and excuse my language, **** that ****. If you wanna use it, go head and use it. I use equipment all the time and it doesn't affect my skill. You'd be surprised how fun it is to mess around with it. You don't know true fun until you've had a Sonic with all speed on.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
It is fun for sure.
But your smash-skill doesn't get destroyed by using equipments. It gets destroyed by playing classic mode etc.

Using equipment in normal Smash games is something I never have done yet.

In 1on1 I don't recommend it. But in fun-rounds with your frieds it could add even more fun ;)
Just don't exaggerate using it.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I've been ignoring equipment and custom moves and mii fighters, seriously i don't even have them on my roster because i didnt unlock them.because you can't use any of them online.

I think equipment changes stats and stuff which will change the way you play. Say you have a piece of equipment that increases your jumping height, you could be used to that jumping distance when playing online but SD because you forgot about the default stats.

D

Deleted member

If you're gonna use it, make sure you're comfortable with the result. If it you're comfortable with it then you shouldn't have a problem with playing as the character you made it for.

D

Deleted member

lol. I've had this issue as well. Custom equipments can be really fun for playing around, but I ended up stop using them on my mains for this reason.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can't use it for glory, nor in tournaments and competitions and it's generally hard to balance. As far as I know there are no equipment adding and subtracting an equal amount of ability points for balanced play.

What bothers me the most is the lingering fear I have looming over me If I play a lot alone for a long period while using equipment extensively. Will it affect my skills as a smasher if I get too used to it? If so, why would I ever use it to make things easier for myself while unlocking and collecting stuff in the game? This stops me from using equipment at all and instead I feel like I'm getting locked out of a big feature with lots of fun to be had...

Anyone else got this issue? Anyone got a solution? Or am I totally lame and should just enjoy the game and stop complaining?
If you play both Single Player and Multiplayer frequently enough, you'll get used to both.

:231:

Muro

Smash Lord
I use it for the solo modes and for SLHG. Customization is what makes sm4sh unique, you shouldn't be afraid to use it.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Just don't be that guy who uses the Critical Hitter ones.

Seriously what the ****?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This really shouldn't be an issue.

If you can transition between using characters that play completely differently, you can transition between playing vanilla Mega Man and Mega Man with a speed buff and extra respawn invincibility.

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Use it, it's fun. Don't stress. Have fun, it's supposed to be fun.

Top Bottom