• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a little curious...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Alright so I just found out about the Giga Bowser easter egg a few days ago and started testing him out with friends and while I understand that I might be asking a very stupid question but I'll bite anyway. Can Giga Bowser be considered balanced, low tier material or outright broken? Now before you immediately jump to reply "No you fool." hear me out real quick, I've spent a few days contemplating this because I can think of a few reasons for either side, now keep in mind that these are things that are really just coming to mind at the moment with the short amount of time that I knew about this and from what I learned when playing with friends so if there's something I'm missing feel free to correct me.

Reasons why Giga Bowser can be considered broken.
-Takes up a lot of room on battlefields.
-He is literally a bigger Bowser which can mean he has a better chance at landing attacks.
-Cannot be grabbed.
-Cannot be sucked up by Kirby or Dedede and can't be eaten by Wario or Yoshi.
-Down special's range is friggin insane.

Reasons why Giga Bowser can be considered balanced or low tier.
-Has recovery animations slower than normal Bowser (Or at least it seemed that way) which makes him easy to punish.
-No longer invincible.
-He's such a big and heavy target that he'd probably the most open to damaging combos especially against characters like Fox and Sonic who can combo for days.
-Overall an extremely slow fighter.
-Hitbox is large enough to where he just needs to be almost halfway off screen in order for the game to consider it a death.
-Even though his down special is ridiculous all you have to do is jump to safely avoid it.
-The fact that he's too large for certain stages does NOT give him a lot of room to move.

Now I'd like to bring back up the fact that Giga Bowser can't be grabbed he's pretty much the opposite of how Yoda was in Soul Calibur 4, Giga Bowser is too large to be grabbed while Yoda was too small to be grabbed, thing is Yoda is considered mid tier in Soul Calibur 4 despite that seemingly broken advantage. so with that in mind I'll ask again.

Can Giga Bowser be considered balanced, low tier, or broken? Again this is all out of curiosity becsuse I'm really just anxious to know how the Project M community feels about this.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I would rather them ****ing hurry up and buff regular Bowser than consider Giga Bowser tournament legal for any reason.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
=P Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude. But he's been need of tweaking for a while now.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Alright so I just found out about the Giga Bowser easter egg a few days ago and started testing him out with friends and while I understand that I might be asking a very stupid question but I'll bite anyway. Can Giga Bowser be considered balanced, low tier material or outright broken? Now before you immediately jump to reply "No you fool." hear me out real quick, I've spent a few days contemplating this because I can think of a few reasons for either side, now keep in mind that these are things that are really just coming to mind at the moment with the short amount of time that I knew about this and from what I learned when playing with friends so if there's something I'm missing feel free to correct me.

Reasons why Giga Bowser can be considered broken.
-Takes up a lot of room on battlefields.
-He is literally a bigger Bowser which can mean he has a better chance at landing attacks.
-Cannot be grabbed.
-Cannot be sucked up by Kirby or Dedede and can't be eaten by Wario or Yoshi.
-Down special's range is friggin insane.

Reasons why Giga Bowser can be considered balanced or low tier.
-Has recovery animations slower than normal Bowser (Or at least it seemed that way) which makes him easy to punish.
-No longer invincible.
-He's such a big and heavy target that he'd probably the most open to damaging combos especially against characters like Fox and Sonic who can combo for days.
-Overall an extremely slow fighter.
-Hitbox is large enough to where he just needs to be almost halfway off screen in order for the game to consider it a death.
-Even though his down special is ridiculous all you have to do is jump to safely avoid it.
-The fact that he's too large for certain stages does NOT give him a lot of room to move.

Now I'd like to bring back up the fact that Giga Bowser can't be grabbed he's pretty much the opposite of how Yoda was in Soul Calibur 4, Giga Bowser is too large to be grabbed while Yoda was too small to be grabbed, thing is Yoda is considered mid tier in Soul Calibur 4 despite that seemingly broken advantage. so with that in mind I'll ask again.

Can Giga Bowser be considered balanced, low tier, or broken? Again this is all out of curiosity becsuse I'm really just anxious to know how the Project M community feels about this.
You do know he is meant to be broken and shouldn't be considered for competitive play at all? He's just for fun.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You do know he is meant to be broken and shouldn't be considered for competitive play at all? He's just for fun.
Yeah I guess, it's just the fact that he's available even with final smashes disabled just gave me questions, I'm very willing to admit that I'm probably over thinking things here.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yeah I guess, it's just the fact that he's available even with final smashes disabled just gave me questions, I'm very willing to admit that I'm probably over thinking things here.
GB can just shield until somebody attacks, then up-b.
Have you ever just tried to chain up-b together? It kinda works.

Top Bottom