• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a guy who wants to get competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Hi, so I've been playing Smash since the N64 era, and I want to start getting into the competitive scene now that Brawl is debuting. I've actually been considering it for awhile. I always find myself using random advanced techs during play, and think I could get better through tournaments. I probably would've done it by now, but I figured I'd just wait until Brawl, as Melee's time is coming.

So, here's a few questions:

Is it uncommon to find mad dudes in the competitive scene? Do you believe they can be as good? XD

This is relative to areas, but how big are tournaments, usually? How often can you find them?

How much is prize money, typically? Is there a range of smaller to bigger tournaments that offer different results?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

ILOVESMASHBROTHERS

Smash Cadet
Well, what I would do is read as many FAQs as you can. A good place to start is GameFaqs. They generally have the most knowledgeable Smash players around there. A big discussion going on there right now is on who is the best character in Melee between Roy and Marth. I think Roy is better because his counter is a lot stronger but some disagree and say that Marth's tilt attacks are what make him better.

All I can say is good luck sir! Smash Brothers could use more fine gentlemen such as yourself to represent the fine game of Smash Brothers.

kenkowtow

Smash Apprentice
Hi, so I've been playing Smash since the N64 era, and I want to start getting into the competitive scene now that Brawl is debuting. I've actually been considering it for awhile. I always find myself using random advanced techs during play, and think I could get better through tournaments. I probably would've done it by now, but I figured I'd just wait until Brawl, as Melee's time is coming.

So, here's a few questions:

Is it uncommon to find mad dudes in the competitive scene? Do you believe they can be as good? XD

This is relative to areas, but how big are tournaments, usually? How often can you find them?

How much is prize money, typically? Is there a range of smaller to bigger tournaments that offer different results?

Thanks to anyone who answers!
1. No there are only womenz who play tis game. No mans cant get gud at this game.
2. Tournaments are normally 80,000,000 people. You find tehm by jumping up and down.
3. Pryze muney is $10!!! Smallur ternaments give you $1!
</sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom