• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illusion out of Shine

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
While experimenting against a cpu toon link, I thought of a rather interesting idea. I know that fox can jump out of his shine, and I was trying to investigate new ways to close the gap on opponents that spam projectiles. Here's the idea: you shine away a projectile from the opponent, and then immediately jump and illusion towards them to close the gap. This is especially good against players that don't like CQC, and often roll to avoid it, because illusion covers rolls pretty well, and has low landing lag, so you can try to follow up with an attack as they scramble to regain position. This technique is also safe on shield, so they can't shield and punish every time you use it.

Here's the catch: the timing seems pretty tricky, as I was only able to pull it off 1-2 times. I even tried using the R button set to special but it wasn't working terribly great. Hopefully I just need more practice, because I really like this idea.

Thoughts?

M@v

Subarashii!
I've experimented with this before. You can do it without changing the controls; the timing is just tight. Remember, you can Jump, Spotdodge, or roll out of a shine. I experimented with this to get a quick followup on diddy after his trips on his reflected banana for example.

Top Bottom