• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois South Chicago Back2Smash

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
I want to smash it up again. Any players in the south side of Chicago? I'm close to the midway airport. I travel north to Waukegan, Gurnee, Round Lake areas like every other weekend. I got cousins that play smash in Waukegan. Looking to start getting better at smash games.

J_Deez

Smash Rookie
I'm in Evanston until the 5th of Jan. That's just north of Chi. None of my friends in Evanston smash seriously, and I'm looking to take my game to the next level. I've got SSB64, SSBM, and SSBB, but SSB64 is my main game. I can drive out wherever.

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
I
I'm in Evanston until the 5th of Jan. That's just north of Chi. None of my friends in Evanston smash seriously, and I'm looking to take my game to the next level. I've got SSB64, SSBM, and SSBB, but SSB64 is my main game. I can drive out wherever.
I'm playing now with 2 of my cousins in Chicago

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey I'm the best 64 player in the midwest if you wanna come smash at the university of chicago sometime (hyde park)

I'm out of town for winter break but I'll be back up in a week if you're still around

nope nvm you leave right when I come back, bummer

J_Deez

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm the best 64 player in the midwest if you wanna come smash at the university of chicago sometime

I'm out of town for winter break but I'll be back up in a week if you're still around

nope nvm you leave right when I come back, bummer
****, yea that sucks. I'm in Bellingham most of the time, do you have online 64?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yea man hopefully we'll be in the Chi at the same time at one point, it would be amazing to play with a pro-level smasher.
JSYK Jel and Kefit are from Seattle and they're super duper good and really cool guys. IDK how much of a drive that is but if it's feasible/if you're ever in seattle you should PM Jel on smashboards, they're always looking for new guys to play.

J_Deez

Smash Rookie
JSYK Jel and Kefit are from Seattle and they're super duper good and really cool guys. IDK how much of a drive that is but if it's feasible/if you're ever in seattle you should PM Jel on smashboards, they're always looking for new guys to play.
That's so funny cuz my suitemate from Western actually just had a fest with Kefit, Jel and Brax and a couple other guys. I'm sure I'll end up going to one of those Seattle fests.

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
Ok people. Whenever everyone is back to Chicago we should try and do something. Right now I got setup Melee recently got it so working on unlocking characters still. I got brawl and added Project M 3.0 and I can have it to record or broadcast our gameplay. Anyone interested then lets start planning.

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
I also know of a game store that wants to start adding smash tournaments to their list. If we get enough people the guy told me we can set one up. The place is in the south side in Burbank, IL. Close to Ford City Mall. Don't know if anyone interested in doing this or even helping out if you can.

snex

Smash Master
you might wanna get some details on that. game stores typically cant pay out cash prizes, and often have ridiculous rulesets.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I also know of a game store that wants to start adding smash tournaments to their list. If we get enough people the guy told me we can set one up. The place is in the south side in Burbank, IL. Close to Ford City Mall. Don't know if anyone interested in doing this or even helping out if you can.
im down ill play non brawl ssb. I live 3mins drive from ford city. pm me or post back here if you get more information

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
you might wanna get some details on that. game stores typically cant pay out cash prizes, and often have ridiculous rulesets.
Sorry for late reply been busy with work, school and working out lately.
but the guy said he doing money prize for the winner.
He said March 23 will be a smash tournament, and if he gets the amount of people he wants he will give out $500 to the winner.
thats the most information i've gotten. i'll post more when i find out or PM me for more info in case i forget to post up

Top Bottom