• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IL Smashers

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, I live in La Grange, MO and had no idea that the Quincy Library would have something like that. I'm looking for people to play as well. (Playing For Glory on the DSL over here sucks.)
Well, I'm going to ask Deborah the leader if there is a age limit and if not, I don't think most would mind you coming over to play. And I'm always happy to 1V1 on my 3ds.

I'm 30 years old though. I know a few other people in Quincy that play Smash 4 that are in their mid-to-late 20's, so I was hoping their would be some more adult-age people there. Might be kind of awkward to show up. :/ What do you think, LittleMac?

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm going to ask Deborah the leader if there is a age limit and if not, I don't think most would mind you coming over to play.
Sorry for the late reply man. I've been quite busy over the last few days.

I know that this week's meeting at the Quincy library is over, but if you could talk to Deborah, I'd highly appreciate it!

And yeah, if it's alright, I'd probably show up and play with some people just to get a feel for the group. I'm currently in the middle of being interviewed for a 8-5, Mon-Fri job so I'd better show up while I have the opportunity.

And I'm always happy to 1V1 on my 3ds.
...3DS. Hmm. Well, I've been playing Smash 4 on the Wii U since it was released. I was playing it on the 3DS from the time of its release until the Wii U release. My friend in Peoria has my copy of Smash 4 3DS though, but I've been tossing around the idea of getting another copy just to re-unlock everything in a new save file on my New 3DS I bought after I lent my friend my Smash 4 copy.

Anyway, so everyone plays the 3DS version at the library then? (I suppose it would be a bit ridiculous to think that the library would have one or more Wii U / TV setups.)

If everyone plays the 3DS version, I might just buy a new copy on the 3DS and re-acquaint myself with the controls. Let me know what's up.

Last edited:

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the late reply man. I've been quite busy over the last few days.

I know that this week's meeting at the Quincy library is over, but if you could talk to Deborah, I'd highly appreciate it!

And yeah, if it's alright, I'd probably show up and play with some people just to get a feel for the group. I'm currently in the middle of being interviewed for a 8-5, Mon-Fri job so I'd better show up while I have the opportunity.

...3DS. Hmm. Well, I've been playing Smash 4 on the Wii U since it was released. I was playing it on the 3DS from the time of its release until the Wii U release. My friend in Peoria has my copy of Smash 4 3DS though, but I've been tossing around the idea of getting another copy just to re-unlock everything in a new save file on my New 3DS I bought after I lent my friend my Smash 4 copy.

Anyway, so everyone plays the 3DS version at the library then? (I suppose it would be a bit ridiculous to think that the library would have one or more Wii U / TV setups.)

If everyone plays the 3DS version, I might just buy a new copy on the 3DS and re-acquaint myself with the controls. Let me know what's up.
No, everyone plays on the WiiU, we have one WiiU and TV and then another Wii and TV. I just hook my 3DS up to the WiiU and a few of us have 3ds or 2ds

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
And so I asked and she said she'd prefer noone really older, but there is a tournament coming up which I need to check in on (Ssb3) and I'll give you my friend code if you ever feel like fighting when I have wifi

CCD23

Smash Cadet
No, everyone plays on the WiiU, we have one WiiU and TV and then another Wii and TV. I just hook my 3DS up to the WiiU and a few of us have 3ds or 2ds
Oh, that's cool! I play using a Gamecube controller + adapter, so if I am able to stop by sometime, I'll bring my own controller setup. I'd definitely like to stop by, hopefully next week.

What section of the library is all of this in?

And so I asked and she said she'd prefer noone really older, but there is a tournament coming up which I need to check in on (Ssb3) and I'll give you my friend code if you ever feel like fighting when I have wifi
Well, I don't know if I'd classify myself as "really older," but I'll show up and see if it's awkward for me. If it is or if this Deborah lady gives me crap, then I'm out of there. Besides, like I said, I most likely only have so many weeks left before I start working a new job and won't be able to attend anyway, so I'll try to attend while I can.

A SSB3 tournament? You mean Brawl? I wouldn't have thought that Brawl is still being played, let alone having a tournament for it, but that's fine. Sounds interesting; it's been awhile since I've played Brawl though.

And yeah, I'd be down for exchanging friend codes. (I'm assuming you mean in Wii U Smash 4; I don't have 3DS Smash 4 and Brawl Wi-Fi has been disabled.) But I have to tell you that I don't have the best Internet over here. It's fine when my Wii U is the only device on it, but I have to share the connection with other people. So, there are only certain times of the day that are lag-less for me. Hopefully I'll be able to move to Quincy soon and either get Comcast cable or Adams Fiber Optic and then I should be good to go anytime.

Last edited:

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Oh, that's cool! I play using a Gamecube controller + adapter, so if I am able to stop by sometime, I'll bring my own controller setup. I'd definitely like to stop by, hopefully next week.

What section of the library is all of this in?

Well, I don't know if I'd classify myself as "really older," but I'll show up and see if it's awkward for me. If it is or if this Deborah lady gives me crap, then I'm out of there. Besides, like I said, I most likely only have so many weeks left before I start working a new job and won't be able to attend anyway, so I'll try to attend while I can.

A SSB3 tournament? You mean Brawl? I wouldn't have thought that Brawl is still being played, let alone having a tournament for it, but that's fine. Sounds interesting; it's been awhile since I've played Brawl though.

And yeah, I'd be down for exchanging friend codes. (I'm assuming you mean in Wii U Smash 4; I don't have 3DS Smash 4 and Brawl Wi-Fi has been disabled.) But I have to tell you that I don't have the best Internet over here. It's fine when my Wii U is the only device on it, but I have to share the connection with other people. So, there are only certain times of the day that are lag-less for me. Hopefully I'll be able to move to Quincy soon and either get Comcast cable or Adams Fiber Optic and then I should be good to go anytime.
Crap sorry I wasn't paying attention and I forgot you didn't have it for the 3ds. I guess just popping up and seeing what happens would work. And a fair amount of people play brawl still I think, though I'm going to try and get her to let us host a SSB4 tournament.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Crap sorry I wasn't paying attention and I forgot you didn't have it for the 3ds. I guess just popping up and seeing what happens would work. And a fair amount of people play brawl still I think, though I'm going to try and get her to let us host a SSB4 tournament.
Awesome, I'd love to participate in a SSB4 tournament. But like I said, Brawl would be cool too.

And by the way, am I correct to assume that the Wii U consoles at the library do NOT have the DLC characters? Just asking, since Roy and Ryu have become among my best characters... (Little Mac is among my best as well. :p )

I plan on showing up this Wednesday, but I should be having my final interview for (hopefully) my new job early next week. So unless the interview time conflict or I start immediately, I should be good to go. Looking forward to playing some actual lag-less people!

Last edited:

chenzo64

Smash Rookie
I feel ya. I've been in charleston, IL for a decade and never had another smasher pop up around me
I know it go to EIU and have not really found anyone to play smash with if I want to go to tournaments or the like I have to go to champaign, there needs to be a smash scene in Charleston

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I'd love to participate in a SSB4 tournament. But like I said, Brawl would be cool too.

And by the way, am I correct to assume that the Wii U consoles at the library do NOT have the DLC characters? Just asking, since Roy and Ryu have become among my best characters... (Little Mac is among my best as well. :p )

I plan on showing up this Wednesday, but I should be having my final interview for (hopefully) my new job early next week. So unless the interview time conflict or I start immediately, I should be good to go. Looking forward to playing some actual lag-less people!
No, unfortunately they don't. The library WiFi blocks all downloads so they can't get them unless they took the WiiU to someone's house to get them. It sucks because I have Mewtwo and he's on of my best. I'm a bit of a glass cannon fighter.

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
If I'm there and you're looking for me, I'm average height with black hair, black eyes and a satchel, or ask for Levi

CCD23

Smash Cadet
If I'm there and you're looking for me, I'm average height with black hair, black eyes and a satchel, or ask for Levi
Alright, will do! I should be able to attend this coming Wednesday. Where is it in the Library that everyone meets? As in, a floor or a section? Just so I have some idea where to go when I get there.

No, unfortunately they don't. The library WiFi blocks all downloads so they can't get them unless they took the WiiU to someone's house to get them. It sucks because I have Mewtwo and he's on of my best. I'm a bit of a glass cannon fighter.
Damn, that sucks. I wouldn't say that I'm a glass cannon fighter, but I like characters that have counters and/or have strong hitting, punishing moves. Both Roy and Ryu fit that description... You'll get to see what other characters I like on Wednesday. :p

But anyway, yeah, I plan on being there. I'm average height, pretty skinny, dark hair, brown eyes and will no doubt look older than the rest of the crowd. And I've been told that I look like Steve Carell. The name is Joe.

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Alright, will do! I should be able to attend this coming Wednesday. Where is it in the Library that everyone meets?
Do you know where the theater room is? If you come in the main door go to the right and you'll walk through the kids stuff and there should be a sign above a door that says theater room. And well haha here's hoping it goes well. I should be there but being a homeschooled 15 year old makes it a tad harder to get a ride places. And I use Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pit (maybe not quite a glass cannon but..), Marth and a few others.

Last edited:

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Do you know where the theater room is? If you come in the main door go to the right and you'll walk through the kids stuff and there should be a sign above a door that says theater room. And well haha here's hoping it goes well. I should be there but being a homeschooled 15 year old makes it a tad harder to get a ride places. And I use Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pit (maybe not quite a glass cannon but..), Marth and a few others.
Well I've never heard of the Theater Room there, but from your directions it should be simple enough to find. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to walk into the main entrance and turn right.

I hope you're able to make it. While it'll be nice to play some people in the same room, it would be even better to, you know, actually play the guy that told me about this meeting in the first place. :p

As for my characters, honestly, I try to be good with every single character, but the the ones that stick out the most for me are Mario, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Little Mac... and quite a few others.

And while I try to be good with all characters, Pit is one of the characters that hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I mean, I land plenty of hits on people, but just not too many strong attacks. So, I can't quite get the kill set up to finish them off. I'm usually the one that gets finished from my opponent getting rage from their increased damage. -_-

I'm also kind of crappy with Mega Man and, strangely enough, Dr. Mario (despite Mario being among my top three.)

But anyway, I hope to see you tomorrow!

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
Well I've never heard of the Theater Room there, but from your directions it should be simple enough to find. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to walk into the main entrance and turn right.

I hope you're able to make it. While it'll be nice to play some people in the same room, it would be even better to, you know, actually play the guy that told me about this meeting in the first place. :p

As for my characters, honestly, I try to be good with every single character, but the the ones that stick out the most for me are Mario, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Little Mac... and quite a few others.

And while I try to be good with all characters, Pit is one of the characters that hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I mean, I land plenty of hits on people, but just not too many strong attacks. So, I can't quite get the kill set up to finish them off. I'm usually the one that gets finished from my opponent getting rage from their increased damage. -_-

I'm also kind of crappy with Mega Man and, strangely enough, Dr. Mario (despite Mario being among my top three.)

But anyway, I hope to see you tomorrow!
I can't make it actually my mum has to be elsewhere and can't take me. Sorry man, good luck though

LittleMacRocks

Smash Rookie
And I try and fight as every fighter but the lighter but strong fighters work best with me, though I won't touch some of the fighters like mrgame and watch, wario, bowser Jr, pacman, rob and duck hunt.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm kinda in a middle point around most of the big cities, an hour from Rockford, western Chicago burbs, Peoria, Blo-No and the Quad Cities... so I'll have to get out at some point. I'm in the La Salle-Peru area!

CCD23

Smash Cadet
I would be, if there was a regular time and place to be, and if it was for 18+ or for all age groups. (It also depends on the time.)

I'm kinda in a middle point around most of the big cities, an hour from Rockford, western Chicago burbs, Peoria, Blo-No and the Quad Cities... so I'll have to get out at some point. I'm in the La Salle-Peru area!
Yeah, I was looking at a job in that area recently, but even farther out in the middle of nowhere - in a town of 200 north of La Salle-Peru not too far from Interstate 39. But you're a LOOOONG ways from Quincy, bro. ...Not that it's any better as far as being close to big cities. In fact, it's worse than La Salle-Peru other than being two hours from St. Louis.

I'm surprised that there's not tournaments you could go to at Illinois State University in Normal. Or, if you wanted to drive a little farther, tournaments at University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom