• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IL Smashers (Aurora & Oswego)

no1cares

Smash Rookie
Anybody from Aurora, oswego, or close by on smashboards? Do you have know any local tourneys or maybe we can get together and start our own?

no1cares

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda close over in the southwestern part of Naperville. There was another guy with a thread about Naperville as well.

You can go here and scroll down and browse the upcoming events in the Midwest region, there's quite a bit of activity in Illinois but at varying distances from where we are
Thanks Casval! Do you have the thread about the Naperville guy?

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Hey, I'm the Naperville guy! We're still working on getting a venue and TVs for a tournament right now, but if you'd be down to come, that'd be awesome! I could keep you updated if you'd like?

no1cares

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm the Naperville guy! We're still working on getting a venue and TVs for a tournament right now, but if you'd be down to come, that'd be awesome! I could keep you updated if you'd like?
You sure please keep me updated! Did you make a looking for players thread you can link me to?

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Hey dude, Events2Compete holds Chicago tournaments at Mad River on Wednesdays and a free tournament at Stadium Bar and Grill in Rolling Meadows on Sundays. We also travel a bit, we just got back from WI for a regional called Great Revival with Mew2King in it. Let me or @CHOMPY know if you're interested and want more details! :D

Last edited:

no1cares

Smash Rookie
Hey dude, Events2Compete holds Chicago tournaments at Mad River on Wednesdays and a free tournament at Stadium Bar and Grill in Rolling Meadows on Sundays. We also travel a bit, we just got back from WI for a regional called Great Revival with Mew2King in it. Let me or @CHOMPY know if you're interested and want more details! :D
That's neat thanks for the info. I dont see myself going to tourneys on the weekday, but sunday can work!

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
For sure, we also have E2C monthlies on Saturdays!

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
What's the skill level like at the e2c events? I'm assuming Melee is super competitive, but how's the talent in Smash 4? I'd like to at least get one win in lol

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Loads of players of all skill levels go there. JJRockets and Akiro seem to be tied for #1, both playing Diddy and Sheik respectively and both usually had to go against M2K in semis/grands out of state and it seems close each time. There's also players who are almost consistently top 10. I'm personally consistently top 20. I'm usually the unlucky one who gets to fight M2K first match, right after pools.... so far anyway. Both at Ohio and Wisconsin, when I made it out of pools, I had to fight that man first XD;

Anyway, most of us who represent E2C get out of pools when we're out of state, make top 32, and a majority makes top 10. I got 9th in Wisconsin. So I'd like to say we've got a huge knack for talent here in the Chicagoland area.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that everything's seeded based on skill level, so you won't have to worry about winning too much until you hit top 32, imo.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Looks like I'm gonna need to get a lot of practice in.

If there's a lot of Diddy and Sheik players I'm gonna need to practice against them too. I'd love to be able to succeed with Ike since he's my favorite character, but he's not as viable competitively. I'd hate to have to resort to using ZSS even though I'm probably better with her.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Mad River's tonight, man. You should check it out!

Top Bottom