• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's side-B.. chargable?

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I was checking out a few videos seeing how Ike attacks, recovers, etc, because I may end up using him as my main. Anyways, this video caught my eye..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LdhNF_gnA&NR=1

at 00:39 Ike uses his side-B move in midair to cross the ruined Bridge, I have seen other videos where Ike uses his side-B but I think this time Ike is actually charging the move, either making it more powerful or have a greater distance. Maybe I'm wrong, but what do you all think?

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Yes, yes it is. When I went to E4A It was chargeable, sends you very far, but it doesn't do A LOT of damage. But yes, chargeable.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it allows you to go significantly further when charged, if you hit somebody you stop, even if you are in the air, and you lose recovery options after you use it, even if it hits somebody. also, yes, it does good knockback. kills at higher percents with no charge, with full charge (which doesn't actually take to long) it kills at moderate percents

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
it allows you to go significantly further when charged, if you hit somebody you stop, even if you are in the air, and you lose recovery options after you use it, even if it hits somebody. also, yes, it does good knockback. kills at higher percents with no charge, with full charge (which doesn't actually take to long) it kills at moderate percents
Very nice.. I'm a bit happier knowing Ike's recovery isn't all that bad...but the stopping in mid-air after hitting an opponent thing bothers me.

edit: answered my own question.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no ike's recovery is still horrendous, it doesn't go near far enough to justify it at all, it doesn't go nearly as far as a charged luigi missile for example

Zorya

Smash Ace
I cant tell what he's doing there, hard to make it out....he looks to be charging up though..I think its his standard B move..yes

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
the battle between ike and sonic and norfair he charged the side b for about .....7 secs check the vid thread

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
People said you can jump again after you hit someone.... and then either Up or Side B to recover...

iwantbrawl2

Smash Rookie
Ikes not as slow as i thought. He has good movement speed and looks like he's about as fast as mario. And his attacks seem to be just slightly slower. And yeah i think its chargeable.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Well it seems Ike can use counter, his moves does have a bit of lag. Barly saw what most of the characters did
But I did sees Link get 999% damage instantly, first glitch?!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
idk ever vid i saw which is everyone on the thread in the ike forums he didnt seem horrendisouly slow or really slow or terrible slow compared to other chacters

yes i no internet vids are laggy
and if it comes down to it in 1 on 1 ill use his f tilt and an f tilt is faster then any f smash idc what anybody says thats fact and his f tilt is stroger than most characters f smash anyways

an people are referring him slow as in atk move speed

Top Bottom