• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Jab Cancel

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
One of the changes I didn't like about Smash 4 Ike was they changed how Jab worked compared to brawl and they took away most of his jab stuff. It seems like Ike still has some cancels like the one at :11 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lLCFi8HCQ
I was wondering how you do it, I am picking Smash 4 up again and I'm trying to relearn Ike and how he works and things he can do and this looks like it could be/is useful.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Hold A after jab 1 connects. If Jab 2 misses it'll auto go back to jab 1 leading to a string. The problem is with jab cancelling you only get 11-14 percent anyways depending on freshness.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
Hold A after jab 1 connects. If Jab 2 misses it'll auto go back to jab 1 leading to a string. The problem is with jab cancelling you only get 11-14 percent anyways depending on freshness.
I've tried that and he automatically goes to jab 2 anyways.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It'll go like this

Jab 1 connects, jab 2 misses -> Jab 1 hits -> Jab 2 hits -> Jab 3 hits

If they are in the optimal spot, you can chain a couple of jab 2 misses to get a higher string of hits.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
It'll go like this

Jab 1 connects, jab 2 misses -> Jab 1 hits -> Jab 2 hits -> Jab 3 hits

If they are in the optimal spot, you can chain a couple of jab 2 misses to get a higher string of hits.
I started to get it to work, thanks.

Exmantika

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7060-6931
I'm trying to figure this out too, and I think there's something more at work here.

If you take a look at San's video here, he's cancelling Jab 2 and going straight into Jab 1 again --> https://youtu.be/O40pXvytnB4?t=5s

This is without any of the jab hitboxes connecting. Supposedly Jab 2 can be cancelled via crouching, but I've been having trouble doing this with Ike. Jab 3 always seems to come out unless Ike's leg touches the ground behind him.

Exmantika

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7060-6931
Ahh, I get it, I misunderstood Mario766's response. So this can be done without any attacks connecting, I thought earlier that Jab 1 must connect in order for that method to work, but I was wrong.
My bad.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically you just hold the A button instead of tapping it, and it autocancels

Top Bottom