• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ikes item slide returns from brawl. (Dash attack canceled item throw?)

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
I thought this topic deserved its own post so that it dosent get lost in the chat of the Ike strategy discussion.

In brawl ike had an AT where if he was holding an item he could get a huge slide across the stage, probably even farther than most dacus's could. The AT wasn't well known in brawl and alot of people seemed to have just jumped into smash in smash 4 so i thought it would be good for everyone to discuss how its done and uses for it.

from my understanding the AT is done by -(i will update if someone with a better understanding of how it works informs me)
1) having an item in hand (not heavy items such as crates or warios bike)
2) start dashing
3) quickly release the left joystick to neutral and press the grab button+ C stick up

-If done correctly youll get a slide that goes almost all the way across omega stages and allows for an almost instant attack.

Characters that can create items for ike to throw - Rob(gyro), Villager (timber branch),peach (turnip), mega man (blade), bowser jr (mechakoopa thing),link/toon link (bomb), pac man (fruits), robin (book/sword).

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
If you input the C-stick up, you'll throw the item up and slide. You can input the C-stick down, which will cause you to throw the item forward and slide. I'm not sure if this is still in the game as I don't own the game personally but if so, the latter would be a safe approach that Ike can use.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
If you input the C-stick up, you'll throw the item up and slide. You can input the C-stick down, which will cause you to throw the item forward and slide. I'm not sure if this is still in the game as I don't own the game personally but if so, the latter would be a safe approach that Ike can use.
i have tried doing it with a foward throw but havent been able to get it to work, anyone know if its possible to do this with any other throw than up ?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Manually, you need to hold the control stick slightly above the horizontal (I was using attack stick). It's much harder to perform than Brawl, but you can still throw it forward.

Top Bottom