• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike's FSmash

comboking

Smash Master
he has enough range on it already but now we have T3H Stutter step does any one use this

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
idk since its slow start will make it difficult to use. I think without the shutter step it'll be better. Since the only time you SHOULD be using forward smash is when you know where your opponent is going.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i think its just unnecessary for ike. its not like it terribly helps him, its just woo shutter step, Ok who cares?

Usage is only up to you. I won't tell you to not use it, but i won't tell you to use it.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
I rarely run into a situation where Fsmash is useful for Ike. I could hardly imagine a situation where I would need to stutter step it. Save the stutter steps for CF and Sonic. Besides, the increased range applies generally to faster characters. It wouldn't really do much for Ike.

comboking

Smash Master
I will have a way you could use it but I can't remember plus this thread is not very big yet!

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
I rarely run into a situation where Fsmash is useful for Ike. I could hardly imagine a situation where I would need to stutter step it. Save the stutter steps for CF and Sonic. Besides, the increased range applies generally to faster characters. It wouldn't really do much for Ike.
I dissagree, its one of my main kill moves. It can KO just about anyone at 80% and even if its slow who cares, theres not much anyone can do but a quick dash attack if they don't want to get hit.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
The Fsmash can KO at ridiculously low percentages. Most people at first glance don't use it much because of its glaring startup lag, but if you predict correctly you can land it on your opponent. Better explained in Kirk's Ike guide:
Anticipation/Prediction: --This move was made to be used to punish your opponent when you anticipate correctly. Let’s be honest here, there is NO WAY anyone would stand around for almost a full second waiting to be smashed into oblivion by this attack. The key is to know what your opponent will do and/or where he will be. That is the most effective way to use this attack. If you’re lucky enough, your opponent may be in the habit of standing and shielding the attack because he is afraid of what is coming…and I don’t blame him! This is better for you as it eats their shield and puts massive pressure on them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You do know the first post i made in this thread i said you use forward smash only when you know where your opponent is going.

Top Bottom