• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's counter

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Each of Ike's other moves has its own thread, this one might as well too. Anyway, I have a couple questions for those who played as Ike.
1. How fast does the Counter come out?
2. How long is the hit window? Is it more like Marth's or Roy's?
3. It's IASA when, compared to Marth or Roy?

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
I think his counter can reflect projectiles too, I seen a video where he counters samus's charged shot and it was sent back to her...

I've also seen him kill someone with it...

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
wow that would be helpful if you can counter projectiles... I counter samus's blast all the time in melee just so it won't hit me, what a bonus if it went back at her :D

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike deflected a few charged shots at E4All but went through Samus (just like Mewtwo's forward B did in Melee). They may have changed this in the final version though.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
It would be awesome if the projectiles he reflected hurt people then I would be able to counter Samus' missles. I also reflect lots of projectiles but hardly anything out of them.:)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
depending on what they do with his counter in the final version can decide how well he does against every character

there nothing like trying to escape a spamming missile smaus

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
It could also be a glitch...

but if ike could truly deflect projectiles...it would definetely improve his game...

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Marth in Melee could deflect projectiles as well, I sucked against projectile-users when I was going FFA matches with my friends so I sometimes decide to burn Counter to inch me closer to edge range. Marth DID indeed deflect a fully charged Charge Shot from Samus but he 'knocked it away'.

If I recall, Marth did the Counter-activation animation and the big ball of doom went behind him in a diagonal path above, eventually dissipating. I did this with Roy as well except there is a higher probability he will actually deflect it back at the opponent, which won't hurt them strangely. Roy's goes diagonal as well but since he slashes vertically with Counter, you won't notice much of a difference in the 'counter'd' projectile.

Counter was on of my most favorite specials in Melee, and effectively using it has always been a challenge or a gamble. From what I've learned on Ike's Counter so far is that it's similar to Roy's, it has power and mild knockback.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Off topic but...

Samus' charged shot looks horrible... Link barely flinched at like 50%...

On topic... it's a bit different cause Marth just sent it flying behind/above him... Ike sends is back....

How does his counter work with melee attacks though...?

Is it like Marth's with a set amount of damage and knockback and a long hit window... or like Roy's with a shorter hit window and 1.5x damage and knockback or w/e Roy's did...

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike's counter deals a fixed amount of damage (14%) and moderate knockback (it can kill, unlike Marth's).

Top Bottom