• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs Yoshi matchup

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Whats your opinions on this? I don't play many, if any yoshi's so I want some honest responses *for preparation AGAINST yoshi*. I hear alot of buzz going around, but from what I've heard Ike has the advantage because yoshi's CG doesn't work on him, right? So... whats the deal with yoshi?

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Never go to FD or maybe smashville(not sure) against Yoshi his chain grabs work there. The matchup is around neutral to 55-45 Ike's favor.

D

Deleted member

I spam nairs and sidesteps and that seems to work fine. avoid bairs.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The match is still a bit in Ike's favor, even with the CG. The only stage that'll really affect you on is probably Final Destination, where you have nowhere to hide.

Outrange him is pretty much your best bet, don't get in too close. His best killers are the side Smash and the Up Air, though Up Smash and Ground Pound deserve mention as well. You shouldn't be dying early, in any case.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey Light, how's Lucas (Grabel) coming along?

I'm anxious to see who we get to pair up with next.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No johns.

That's why Obama is gonna win...

...(although I find it that we are screwed either way)

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Gah, obama won.

well, anyways, Outranging seems to work on the yoshi's I have played. Ok, no FD, sounds like a plan. Battlefield would be a good choice, right?

As for side smash, I haven't been hit once by the yoshi's I've played... Perhaps I'm ranging right and forcing mistakes :D

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Gah, Obama will prove alot of people wrong who dont think he will be good

Agaist Ike, I would say counterpick with pokemon stadium meele for yoshi it's good and for ike it's w/e CG work I think

I use yoshi as a secondary btw

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Hey, these are for tips against yoshi! Ahh, but if we know what yoshi wants against Ike, then i know what to expect. Smaller stages are good, and uneven stages too, right?

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I put up a fairly long opinion in the Ike matchup thread, if you want go check there, it might be helpful XD

Top Bottom