• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Vs. Sonic + Falco

tadget

Smash Rookie
Nothin' special, just wanted a few tips on these match ups, because for some reason I find them a bit challenging.
Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to tell you immediately about Falco. His pressure is insane, and beating Falco isn't so much a matter of 'beating Falco' as it is a matter of 'beating the player'. My experience comes from a un-experienced, but technically proficent, player, which isn't very helpful for advice giving sadly.

If you get the impression that the moment your particular Falco is committed to attacking you, you could try to roll when you suspect a Nair/Dair/Dash Attack on his end and possibly retaliate with your Nair.
If you spot Falco not going for short-hop single laser and tries something like a double laser, it's possible to Quickdraw on reaction and hit him.
The main thing you want to remember is that you have the Uthrow chain grab. You can very easily get a kill off of it by finishing off with a Bair into edgeguarding.

Someone else is going to have to give legit advice on solid Falco tech.

Sonic? Um, I've played 2 players who play Sonic. Both I beat badly. Possibly also don't have good advice here.

One of the Sonics I play is incredibly aggressive, if you've got a similar thing then dash dancing + retreating Nair/Fair is a very good option.

...Yeah, I'm not sure what to say since I honestly feel Ike is a character that you play players more than characters. Both those Sonics I played for example were entirely different and I played them differently for it.

NWRL

Smash Ace
I've noticed with a lot of players that if you stop their laser apporach with shields and counter they don't have much else to do to you. Just play cheesy with your counter and see how they react.

Ike outranges Falco without lasers and combos Falco super hard. Sonic i haven't played enough of to comment on.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I've played against HBox's Falco, and I can tell you from Experience that that matchup is rough.

If Falco gets in, he can dance all over your face for the entire stock, and there's not much you can do to stop it.

Above all else, you have to keep him out of close range.

I can't give you much on that matchup because I've never been able to play against much Falco as a whole where I live.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I've played against HBox's Falco, and I can tell you from Experience that that matchup is rough.

If Falco gets in, he can dance all over your face for the entire stock, and there's not much you can do to stop it.

Above all else, you have to keep him out of close range.

I can't give you much on that matchup because I've never been able to play against much Falco as a whole where I live.
Yeah, I did not fight HBox's Falco but I have fought other good Falco's in my region and tournaments and although they did not destroy me when they did get close up I did lose a stock. And there was nothing I could do really.... except hope they drop the combo basically.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I did not fight HBox's Falco but I have fought other good Falco's in my region and tournaments and although they did not destroy me when they did get close up I did lose a stock. And there was nothing I could do really.... except hope they drop the combo basically.
It sucks, because Ike is the perfect weight for Falco combos to become absolutely free on him.

Top Bottom